Opinions on SCROG?

I'm considering a scrog grow as my first. Just wondered if any here have done scrog grows and if you think they're worth it or not. my grow space will be about 400deepx600widex1800high, but I'm now thinking I'll double that and use a 400W HPS instead of a 250.

From what I've read at Overgrow an experienced scrog grower can get around 2 ounce per square foot. Even if I got 1 to 1.5 I'd be more than happy.

yeah but when someone tells me I should get more experience before trying something that makes me want to do it anyway because I think that I am different to all the other newbies.

:ph34r:

I don't think I'll ever learn my lesson...

seriously though, two untrained plants in hydro in a 1000x400x1800robe with 400W HPS, would yield what for a newbie grower...2-3ounces?

What makes you so high and might pipeman in concern to you are not like as other newbies well I am a newbie and here is my answer

Did your parents ever tell you not to do something and you went and did it anyway? go ahead and do it atleast that way you can either make a huge mistake and fail miserably or you can come out of it unscathed try it it cant hurt too try anything once

pipeman, I'm not telling you not to try it and if you do decide to go ahead we will help you as much as we can.

The reason I say that clones are a must is that once you have woven the plants into the screen it could be very difficult to remove a male or hermie without damaging or fertilising your females, plus it would leave a dirty great unproductive hole(s) in your screen.

:ph34r:

Yeah I know I'll need a mother/clone system. I am going to do this regardless as my impression is its easier and quicker overall than from going from seeds all the time, and if I ever I want to stop growing for a few months I can just keep the mothers for when I want to start up again. Plus I want to keep at least two different strains as mothers to grow them whenever I want.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get two cabinets. One for mother/clones/vegging and the second just for flowering. This I think will give me a good chance to meet my needs without a scrog, and if it doesn't I can always try that later to increase the yield.

The only other thing I just thought of is curing the bud. Smell will be an issue so I will have to make a ventilated drying space in one of the cabinets.

hey,

Heres a great link i just found while searchin thru some old ones.How to SCROG

Heres an extract of that page that should help

1= scrog 2= sog

3 choices for early growth

Advantages Disadvantages

1. Minimum # of plants spread

over the entire grow space. Safety Long Veg

2. Max # of plants, compact environment. Quick Veg High Risk

3. Medium # of plants,

balance of the two. Average Average