Canna Terra Pro indoors.

Coco is and was ok to mix with dirt for an outdoor veg patch,,works ok.that way.

But lots of money spent marketing it and now the shit is everywhere...sold as hydro medium...ffs it's not even an inert substance.

No other medium seems to give grief to growers as coco does ,,,even beats shitty potting mixes ,Or on par .

All the so called coco experts say " nah it's good but you just

gotta do this and that ". But those so called expert opinions differ from one to another.,,

Some get lucky with it but fuck there's a lot that have problems with coco.

Fuck having to do "this and that" .

Growing should be easy ,,,and it is with an INERT medium.

A waste product they pay peanuts for,,, yet here it's top dollar ...lol.

Edit ,and yes shitty potting mixes are another ripoff.,,but they aren't $30 + per bag

Edited by Serrated edge
  • Upvote 3

Coco is $15/18 for the good Indian shit 

I agree its a tnuc of a medium, but you can still get good results, if you treat it as inert and ignore all the little leaf problems you get 

keep the correct PH and ya wont have to many dramas, no Cal Mag needed

don't get me started on bloody perlite lol 

AIR is still the best medium for Hydro inside, dirt the best for outside, hydro or organic 

Coco is and was ok to mix with dirt for an outdoor veg patch,,works ok.that way.

But lots of money spent marketing it and now the shit is everywhere...sold as hydro medium...ffs it's not even an inert substance.

No other medium seems to give grief to growers as coco does ,,,even beats shitty potting mixes ,Or on par .

All the so called coco experts say " nah it's good but you just

gotta do this and that ". But those so called expert opinions differ from one to another.,,

Some get lucky with it but fuck there's a lot that have problems with coco.

Fuck having to do "this and that" .

Growing should be easy ,,,and it is with an INERT medium.

A waste product they pay peanuts for,,, yet here it's top dollar ... lol.

Edit ,and yes shitty potting mixes are another ripoff.,,but they aren't $30 + per bag

So if you were growing outdoors in a pot, which medium would you pick?

Why does it matter if it called a hydro medium, or an organic medium used in conjunction with hydroponic fertillisers?

Interesting point, over my years on online forums I have seen growers have grief in all types of medium etc, should I then have the opinion that all other mediums are shit? It's the only product i've ever used indoors, never had a crop fail.

I agree with you there is a lot of bullshit information regarding growing plants indoors, but that doesn't stop with coco.

Growing is easy, with an inert medium, with coco, with potting mixes based around pine bark. Basic horticultural information goes a long way.

Well it does need to be treated hence top dollar at retail stores, but here is a little dirty secret, all retail products are marked up I know mind blown. 

I am interested in your opinon of the commercial vegetable market and there shift towards coco coir?

I am also curious about your thoughts about the study I linked a bit back that compared tomatoes grown in 3 different mediums, rockwool, peat and vermiculite as well as coco.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

So if you were growing outdoors in a pot, which medium would you pick?

**Um,,,very interested in living soil for outside but all depends on pot size ,,

Small pots ? Um,,,Not coco,

Why does it matter if it called a hydro medium, or an organic medium used in conjunction with hydroponic fertillisers?

**good question.

It's always in a state of decomposition ,,,that means chemical changes yes ?

If it's not inert it's not hydroponic ,,but the line between hydro and soil gets shifted by marketing ,,It seems..

Sure you can use hydro nutes with it but hydro nutes work in dirt too.but it wouldn't be called hydroponic.

Would be easy if a clear line was drawn between hydro inert and " other stuff "

Interesting point, over my years on online forums I have seen growers have grief in all types of medium etc, should I then have the opinion that all other mediums are shit? It's the only product i've ever used indoors, never had a crop fail.

**Glad you've had success with it ,,a lot here have had probs,,. There's been plenty too that say it's great but they give different advice on how to grow with it ,,,maybe they have green fingers but it gets a bit confusing when growing should be easy,fun and stress free.

I agree with you there is a lot of bullshit information regarding growing plants indoors, but that doesn't stop with coco.

**Totally agree,,definitely didn't stop with LEDs either.lol.

Growing is easy, with an inert medium, with coco, with potting mixes based around pine bark. Basic horticultural information goes a long way.

Well it does need to be treated hence top dollar at retail stores, but here is a little dirty secret, all retail products are marked up I know mind blown.

** I wouldn't use pine bark in a hydro set up .

**Take a panadol.

I am interested in your opinon of the commercial vegetable market and there shift towards coco coir?

**Don't have an opinion on them ,,,I grow weed .

I am also curious about your thoughts about the study I linked a bit back that compared tomatoes grown in 3 different mediums, rockwool, peat and vermiculite as well as coco

**I'll give it a read if it isn't an add

Edited by Serrated edge

Fair enough, you make a fair point about the line being drawn between inert media (hydroponics) and organic media, if that will ease some of you fellas on here. I guess the same should then be done with this living soil, as soil is based predominately on mineral elements in the ground, where majority of people are growing in organic potting media. So can we then draw the line with that, do we help anyone? I at least never claim coco is inert lol

I wouldn't use pine bark in hydro either, was more mentioning as a general organic potting mix base for outdoors. 

So you don't see trends in the commercial sector where bottom line is everything worth following? growing cannabis isn't anything special and these companies will do what produces the best for cheapest.

It isn't an add, it is a scientific published paper in 2017, not a blog or article and not that old.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

In my opinion, which is very uneducated to say the least, as I have no green thumb at all, is that if you try something, and it works for you, then that's cool.

Others may not like it, get better from something different, but who gives a shit?

Your grow space, budget, and time are all valid reasons for your choices.

I don't understand, how some people get so upset or whatever at what someone else is doing. I find it hard enough to deal with my own business.

• Upvote 1

The reason people on this forum care mate is because they have a passion for growing and when people, whether it be new growers like yourself, or someone that thinks they're the best grower in the world suggest shit that doesn't appear to have merit and could possibly cause problems for other fellow growers, we kinda take it to heart. There's a bit of pride helping others achieve self sustainability and when careless individuals make it difficult for them to achieve this it can be a frustrating thing to witness....
  • Upvote 3