Canna Terra Pro indoors.

Good reading there porky.

It does say the Canadian peat moss is growing back 70 times harder than they can harvest it?

Seems to be good signs that regeneration is happening amd allowed to happen.

In another millenia would that peat turn to oil and gas?

Ain't oil and gas old organic ecosystems and dinasours?

We all need oil and gas.

I don't know but I know this, I reckon the peat I use has created another Eco system, is part of it etc etc. Its there in my pots ready to be used again and again.

I certainly feel it's a better use than burning it for heat as is extremely common for hundreds of years across Central and western Europe where no coconuts grow.

If there was an Australian Coco source id be looking at that.

Coconut trees grow in Oz?

All the peat products in bunnos are Canadian peat so all the jiffys, peat pots etc.

The peat moss at Bunnings, the one with peat moss splattered across the bag, it's composted pine bark.

Notice all the potting mix bags ripped open at Bunnings?? Customers checking contents for pine bark. You'd think peat moss would be different, but cost cutting for profits appears to trump all. I'll ask a mate to rip open that bag of peat moss next time I'm there...( by myself.....lol).

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Coco is a by product of the coconut industry which is based mainly in sri lanka, india, i don't think we will ever get a large enough coconut industry in Australia to produce enough fibre waste to make a product.

Have to say I am guilty of that, although I am just checking to see how broken down the mixes are, as old potting mixes sitting on the shelf especially outside at bunnings can break down quickly. I also only poke a small whole lol

The brunnings peat moss last time i looked at it didn't seem like composted pine bark, peat naturally can have small twigs etc in it. In my opinion composted pine bark is the best, it is a by product of the timber industry here in Australia as well.