Aussie seeds banks currently experiencing online problems

Thanks Clementine and Itchy. I have a few strains each of sativa, hybrids and indica, as I'm not sure what strains will grow best in my situation. Plan is to keep a single female best plant of each strain and grow it out. Best 2 or 3 strains from this grow will be repeated in subsequent years. I have 6 holes prepared about 7 months ago -they are about 500 litres each, and currently contain a cover crop of approx 200 flowering broad bean plants I grew from seed. They are all over four feet tall. I'm reasonably confident sativas will go ok, however if possible a mix of strains for a 1 year supply would be my ideal. I may start with 2 plants in each hole and only flower out the strongest plant in each hole. I don't smoke anymore( aside from the odd social joint a few times a year), however I previously smoked half ounce a week for over twenty years. I'm now growing medicine to help my daughter's life threatening eating disorder. She has been in hospitals many times on life support - forced tube feeding to keep her alive. Yet Aus government doesn't recognise weed for patients with that disease. I am becoming increasinglypolitically active in support of legalisation. Unfortunately it doesn't even rate on Federal Liberal party agenda yet, however I'd like to ensure we leave a legacy of legal and FREE natural medicine for future generations. It's the least we can do for our grandchildren. I hope to be in a position to offer any excess medicine to my daughter's needs for free to any patients that would benefit from the medication. It's also a mark of appreciation to another member on this site who has enlightened me on the virtues of helping others with medication ( you know who you are). I'm humbled it's such a strong ethos for many members on this site.
  • Upvote 4

good luck to you old fox 

& all the best to you & your daughter 

i most definitely appreciate your pay it forward attitude , that is a little more prevalent in our community 

unlike the general population , yes we have our money grabbers but mostly mum & dad growers are 

givers not takers 

while governments round the world & big pharma seem rather friendly , it's hard to find support for 

some dope smokin hippy's , unfortunately for them both , many " straight " people around the world are

realizing these hippy's seem to have there fingers on the pulse , hopefully slow & steady wins the education race :)

i asked , indi or sati cos in the past i've had a full 100% indi , indoor  waiting to go outdoor , start flower while lights were

on 14:30 hours 

i was trying indoor to match outdoor hours & started the plants off at 14:30 a little to early , they were adult plants when

they went into flower mode , they weren't stressed , looked happy & healthy & finished off indoor like that 

imo , indi's or indi dom's can flower with 14:30 hours of daylight where as satis need to get closer to 12 hours of daylight to 

trigger flowering 

plants i grow outdoor tend to start flowering around the end of jan start of feb , if you look at the link for sunset/rise , light hours

are decreasing jan/fed in melbourne & its around 14:30 daylight hours with civil twilight 

you got some big holes there mate 

will you be eating lots beans my methane brother lol

good growing to ya old fox 

The only way to really combat the so-called black market prices is to get more people into growing. If seed bank offered starter packs cheap it would encourage more people to try growing.

We have people both young and old dying because they can't afford cannabis.

As sad as it is to say this the majority who want to grow don't even know where to start looking for seeds because there is a belief that seeds are really hard to come by.

From experience even just giving people the idea that they can google it or drive to Nimbin has them crying that at least there's a ray of hope at last for them.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

maybe aqua , but the main issue that effects everyone straight or bent (like us) is 

the legal risk , not really how too or where to get seeds just " i don't want to go to jail "

cannabis has had lots of years of being vilified , from news reports on TV about any type 

of illicit drug , seeing behind the news anchor's head a pic of a cannabis leaf , which had

nothing to do with the story on heroin or coke or meth 

that symbolism associated with " All Drugs Bad " is hard to live down , i haven't noticed 

this happening much these days & the younger generation haven't had to see that on a

regular , which will hopefully help with future change   

• Upvote 1

Was me mum that got me into growing me own, said I was stupid wasting me money buying it when I could grow it at home(was making a quid lol)

set up a little grow the next week lol, the parents don't drink or smoke, and wouldn't know what a illegal drug was,

FFS you could get speed pills at the chemist in the 70s

most old people couldn't give a rats arse about pot, it was only the heroin dealers( big pharma) and the Governments that wanted it banned

can't have people looking after them selves can we 

long live the "black" market I reckon 

• Upvote 2

" long live the "black" market I reckon " , Rubbish Mate 

some of the worst people in our cannabis community , the black marketeers 

non consuming cannabis growers using all the petrochemical based nutrients / PGR's they can 

for them it's all bout  " Show Me The Money " , fuck'em i say , well fuck off to some of them at least 

cos Allah has enough money to fuck with people ! 

i do agree there are some black market growers that have morals 

but when money becomes the sole focus , bad choices tend to follow 

I wouldn't buy "PGR" shit, if nobody else did, they would be gone hey

I'm talking about people selling to their mates, who can't grow, but like to smoke

suppose that is the " black" market as well ? 

I just reckon people can spend $ better than governments, why give them any if you don't have to 

sold some lamb to a mate the other day, he paid cash, I paid the butcher cash, everyone was happy 

getting some work done on a roof at the moment, was $800 cheaper for cash

nothing wrong with the exchange of goods between people, I don't call it the "black" market, it just is what it is, a fair exchange of goods 

don't really see what business any of it has to do with the government or the colour black 

tax is theft 

• Upvote 4

black , & red are 2 colors that describe things in the financial world i guess

i wouldn't buy prg's either but the problem is some growers do , & some of those growers 

are black market growers that couldn't give a fat rats clakka about what there giving to people 

only care about what people are giving to them $$$$

i didn't mention tax in my post & i don't disagree with your Kerry Packer attitude of don't give them anything 

you don't have too , cos they don't seem to spend it very wisely 

no issue with cheaper for cash that gets put in a shoe box under the bed till xmas time when single mum 

or dad can use it for this years xmas presents 

the people i'm talking bout are these guys , i met a dude through someone else , he was looking for a 

pest controller for his grow & info on utilizing trim , he had a big ego & even bigger mouth , this dude

was a non smoker fitness enthusiast that thought all dope smokers where druggies that deserve to have

there money taken from them , by him of cause , he gave up the hydro shop he was getting all his under

the counter crap (nutes/pgr/pesticide) from , he turned over between 3 & 4 crops of 10 pound each per year 

selling for $2700 per pound , that's between $81,000 & 108,000 a year , he was also crying poor cos him &

his wife were on a pension of some sort , she drove a big merc btw 

anyway you get the picture , unfortunately if you accept the black market you have to take guys like this with

guys like your butcher or roofer , if we just stick too the canna black market for this discussion , i reckon we need

to make it as easy as poss for mum & dad black market growers to transition to a legitimate bizz while making it 

of no interest to fuck knuckle above 

reasonable canna tax , should we pay tax , yeah we should cos i want good cheaper education , health care , infrastructure

& for this country to be happy healthy & prosperous & i have no problem contributing to that 

i know governments or maybe the governing system seems flawed & makes it hard to want to contribute to the next polly wages increase 

the system needs changing & if you think that's true you need to vote , if your not having your say with your vote , i dont reckon you get a say 

sorry talkin tish again 

Too many fuckheads in this world, only in it for themselves..

Life isn't fair, can only do the best you can with what you got. Even that can be stripped away from you, everything golden comes to an end eventually...

A little compassion goes a long way in this world. No reason why the sick, don't deserve a little happiness in their life, denying a patient medicine which could benefit their ailment is completely unjust in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your daughters struggles old fox. The younger you are, the closer it hits to home too. So much stigma attached to having an eating disorder, I would imagine. Immaturity among st her peers probably wouldn't help much either. Just goes to say the world ain't fair, but there is still good folk out there that make it a little better for those that struggle. 

All the best too ya