Medical Access

merl1n

Question

A couple of months ago I asked my GP about obtaining cannabis to treat my ongoing symptoms.

"Ohh ahhh, I don't know anything about the processes, I wouldn't know where to start..."

Being that I'm in SA and there being no clinic's here (our state Gov't (Liberal) still have their heads buried firmly up their own arses)  I thought the whole process would be a waste of time

I went investigating and found a clinic in NSW, who would go through the whole process online.

So after a couple of weeks of paperwork both from myself and my GP, today I got the call from the clinic and have had the initial approval.

I now have to obtain the approval from the TGA but from what I've been told this should not be a problem and should take less than a week.

The Dr I spoke to has told me that what he would be prescribing is a CBD and THC combination as my situation is pain related.

I asked the Dr about the cost of the medication itself as it is NOT on the PBS and I have to say it is NOT cheap.

The Dr himself would not actually tell me a defined cost but advised me to call the chemist in Victoria.

Upon doing so I was told $270/50ml + postage ($30), so $300 delivered. First thought "Fuck, it'd be cheaper to go buy an ounce" but have decided to follow through with the process.

At this point I have not been told of the recommended dosages, so how long that 50ml is going to last I am unsure.

I am also unsure if I may be able to get my local chemist to get it in for me or whether it needs to come from an approved compounding chemist, solely in Victoria.

So the processes have been started. The dr and the prepaid TGA approvals have cost me $550 so far (that's without the script itself), so let's see how much more it's gonna cost

When I have any further info I will let you all know.

Just thought others maybe interested

Merl1n

• Upvote 7

Ok i'll answer this.

I woukdnt get caught up in all the bs here saying i might only get a 1/4 a plant. Big mistake, made me feel i had to grow heaps more.

Do i regret growing no.

I never had problems untill next door got told no we didnt have extra to give them and they got a new lawn mowing guy.

90% of my suburb smokes daily.

Mongy was right the block i brought nearly 10 years ago for 5k and will put a shipping container or caravan on it to stop paying rent.

And mongy is right i am under alot of pressure atm.

I do in home care, most of my clients have dementia or chronic health conditions so when the rest of you can sit down carrying on Im still going to work having to smile and tell people the world is hunky dorry while going through all this.

What im doing in this thread is trying to let others see that done right medical cannabis has a place to help us all.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

I have to agree with Mongy "Wow this thread has gone on a bit of a tangent....."

This grow game thing, the whole process is a live and learn scenario

You show me any newbie who reckons they had all of the grow processes keyed in from the start and I'll show you a bullshit artist. Some may fluke it a bit and have a decent yield, but to have it all set, that takes experience and that takes time. Remember we were ALL newbies at sometime

There are ALWAYS little improvements, little tweaks we can make to make our processes better or easier. Each persons environment/grow conditions are going to be different, so those tweaks/improvements can be VERY individual. We all have a bit of knowledge that we've picked up on our journey

BUT

To be giving another member a hard time over it all, ain't right.

We have ALL  done things in life that we look back on and go "DOH, shouldn't have done that...." and we learn from it. It's the same with growing. We all cock up and hopefully we learn from it. Some of us come on here and say "Don't do this.... ....I did and here's the result..." And hopefully by this sharing of experiences, good and bad, we can assist others and get some direction for ourselves. That's what these pages are about a sharing of ideas and knowledge.

We are all going to have some difference of opinion at some times (Just look at the posts from Mongy and I. It's just that I know I'M right lol ) but a bit of respect costs nothing.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Hi Merlin good to see ya ok  mate.You are lucjy that you can get the medical canna over your way.I have asked my doctor for some canna meds because it is ok for him to just write a script out for me an take to my pharmercy but he wont do it the wanker. It is a F~!@#$%*ing big joke . When canna meds were eleagle here in W,A  this same doctor would give me the ok with letters to the NSW goverment to get the ok for me to get meds canna oil tincture  from Mullaway in Ninbin .but now it's all leagle here now he wont even write me a scripd out . I am good mates with my pharmercist here an he told me all the the doctors here have got together an put there foot down on writing any scripts for canna meds .An it's the same bullshit with my pain management  Spec doctor in Perth he will not even write a script for me either. my pharmercist told me that there is only 1 person here in town that has got the ok for canna meds an that is for a very sick young child  that has eperleptic fits all the time . A the doctor that writes the scripts for those meds is my doctor some he is just being a compleat asshole to me .An there is no other doctor in town here that will write any scripts out for canna meds it compleatly suck .I am going to ask  the parlamentry libral     dude here in town to tell   l this  F~!@#$%^&*ER  of a so called Doctor to write me a script out an stot F~!@#$%^&*king with me an help me. I Suffer from constant migraine 24-7 now days. I have a new appointment this tuesday some will let you crew know what happens this time around :signthis: :signthis: :signthis: sign this you asshole Doctor.

Well that's my rant over an done with for now lol :sick.

Hope you are feeling a lot better merl ,All the best to you mate,An stay safe merlin,Say hellow to ya miss for me as well .

Stay safe an away from the cov-19 as well an the same to all of the crew here at OZStoners  

Sorry about all the spelling mistakes in this rant,But I am a wee bit up set with being  stuffed around with by the system an all the doctors.

Edited by Dingo-2008

Hey Dingo

How ya goin?? Yea, I'm still kickin and not the bucket, well, not yet at least lol

Some of these so called medical professionals can be real bastards when it comes to anything outside of their training and canna certainly wasn't in their treatment regime, so 1/2 of them have no clue (That is despite their egos).

I had a dr make out I was just a drug seeker despite him being told by the neuro professor, in writing, what was required, I had to make a formal complaint to get the prick to act appropriately. I changed dr after that fiasco.

The new dr had no idea regarding canna, so I made contact with a specific canna dr in NSW, they do a phone consult, sending the script direct to the chemist. Obtaining the medication here in this state is possible but it's heaps more expensive than filling the script in NSW and having it posted to me, so that's what I do. I have a decent relationship with my local chemist, but she's told me the owner wants to charge a shitload to stock it. BASTARD.

Merl1n

Well the pharmacy certainly doesn't mark up my Ordine (full cost $18.50) or Oxynorm (full cost $24.47) 140% for handling an S8 drug... I think it is fucking outrageous. 

I must have been a tad out of it the other night... sorry for confusing your username.

Hi Louise, I get scripts for {Ordine-10} it costs me $6.60 for my bottle of Ordine -10  {-200ml bottle} my doctor dose not charge me for my scripts .I can just ring up an put a phone request in for all my meds , That's  one thing my doctor is good for but he will not write me a script for medical cannabis or even the CBD oil it suck in that way hey.

Hi Mirl1n ,Great that the canna meds are helping you with the pain.

I think I with have to seek out a new doctor for the canna meds like you did . there is a doctor in Perth that will priscribe canna meds I have his addy from facebook so will make contact with him as soon as I can just going  to give my doctor up here another go an see if he will help me ,if not i  will give me doctor up here 1 more go an see if he will help me,If not I am off to Perth.

I know how much the canna meds from tony bauwer helped me with the pain ,Plus I was able to cut back on half the amount of pharma meds I was taking which was a really good thing.

I am so  glad that this mix of medication is helping you merl.Gotta go an rest my eye for awhile  as they feel like they going to pop outta my head ,Plus this Naramig make me sleepy with the mix of morphine an Naramig .I  will be so glad  an a happy camper if I can get hold of canna meds an be able  to cut back on the pharma meds to where I was about 5 yr's back .Anyways enough of my dribble for now will cya later on mate.Here give your misses a few roses  :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:your a very lucky bloke to have a lady like that to look after you .

Kind regards ,Dingo-2008.

Hey again,

Dingo you don't actually need to be seen by the dr, physically,  my initial appointment was done via Skype. No other contact except for phone calls. If ya want the details just ask Dingo. But be aware, it's VERY expensive.

"...your a very lucky bloke to have a lady like that to look after you …"  Don't I know it!!!! I told her when we got married "You sign that and it's a life sentence" and still she signed up :shok:

She says to me the other day "What are you going to do when I die?" I told here "It won't matter, I'll be long gone before you anyways" 'But what if I go first?' 'Baked beans and McDonald's' lol lol lol

• Upvote 1

Dingo, sorry to step in but if you have a health care card or pension card it only costs $150 to get approval. All you need is a medications list from your doctor that legally he has to give you, then its book a phone appiintment online with a nurse for assesment, then they get a phone appointment set to talk to the doctor. From there they say yes or no. If yes it takes under a week to get approval. Telehealth who i used are Sydney based and thier pharmacy is on the Gold Coast and they send via registered mail Australia wide.

Please dont let the stress from arses get to you.

I was freaked out by the system but they where really nice and answered any questions we had.

Its getting easier and easier now.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Hi all,An thank you Merl1n & Aqua420 for your reply.

First of Aqua420 are you talking about this is the way to go in Western Australia  or another state.

My information of W,A, Laws is that we only have to get our normal GP to write us a script for medical MJ in any form either{ CBD OIL} -{THC&CBD OIL} or normal medical Cannabis.

Could you please let me know if your info is for Western Australia  or anther state like South Australia.

I have a new appointment booked for this coming Tuesday.

The big drarma is  finding a getting a GP to do this,All the doctors in this town have had a meeting an all agreed not to write script for medical cannabis this sucks big time , an to top this off I know that my pharmercist has told me that my GP has writen scripts for a every sick young girl with epalepcy  which is really good but I can't work ouy why he will not help me.

So it looks like the only path I have is to try an get a appointment with a new doctor in Perth which is over 400KM away from me. An I have trouble driving down there .I can get flights to Perth with P,A,T,S,system they run over here.

Hanging to hear from you Aqua on info.

All the best to you all  an stay safe, an safe from the C-19 bUG.