Medical Access

merl1n

Question

A couple of months ago I asked my GP about obtaining cannabis to treat my ongoing symptoms.

"Ohh ahhh, I don't know anything about the processes, I wouldn't know where to start..."

Being that I'm in SA and there being no clinic's here (our state Gov't (Liberal) still have their heads buried firmly up their own arses)  I thought the whole process would be a waste of time

I went investigating and found a clinic in NSW, who would go through the whole process online.

So after a couple of weeks of paperwork both from myself and my GP, today I got the call from the clinic and have had the initial approval.

I now have to obtain the approval from the TGA but from what I've been told this should not be a problem and should take less than a week.

The Dr I spoke to has told me that what he would be prescribing is a CBD and THC combination as my situation is pain related.

I asked the Dr about the cost of the medication itself as it is NOT on the PBS and I have to say it is NOT cheap.

The Dr himself would not actually tell me a defined cost but advised me to call the chemist in Victoria.

Upon doing so I was told $270/50ml + postage ($30), so $300 delivered. First thought "Fuck, it'd be cheaper to go buy an ounce" but have decided to follow through with the process.

At this point I have not been told of the recommended dosages, so how long that 50ml is going to last I am unsure.

I am also unsure if I may be able to get my local chemist to get it in for me or whether it needs to come from an approved compounding chemist, solely in Victoria.

So the processes have been started. The dr and the prepaid TGA approvals have cost me $550 so far (that's without the script itself), so let's see how much more it's gonna cost

When I have any further info I will let you all know.

Just thought others maybe interested

Merl1n

• Upvote 7

Sorry Aqua the only similarity between your grow and hers is genetics

Didn't live in suburbs let alone 5 mins from CBD

Was on property

And yes a few here were concerned with her numbers

But she has also been doing this for a long long time

How do you rent land ?

Then build a house on it

I certainly wouldn't be mentioning building a new home in the near future , conclusion by judge might be totally different than a full medical grow in numbers for small supply ,

Then a big grow with the intention of building a new house ?

Easy to draw that string

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

Wow this thread has gone on a bit of a tangent.....

I was going to reply to Merl but I'll come back to that later and reply regarding plant numbers first instead.

Firstly I'm with Aqua. Hats off to her and much respect for the steps she has taken to try and supply medicine to her husband regardless of how she has gone about it or how it has ended. People should be backing her not maligning her like some kind of idiot or criminal as some are now doing in this thread.

In the words of Daryn Hynch....Shame Shame Shame...

To be trying to infer that there was some kind of commercial intent to Aqua's efforts ( which their obviously was not to any blind freddy) is just vindictive or just people riding high horses BS imo and anyone implying anything close to it is being a fucktard plain and simple.

Since it has been brought up...for those who feel fit to judge.....

What IS an acceptable number of plants and why do you draw the line there?

• Upvote 2

Hey Mongy,

Nothing wrong with trying to grow some meds for your partner to help with things. But 50 plants and the way she went about it is asking for trouble and that's what she got. People here grow for perso but I'm sure some here for perso plus a bit extra (however much that is I reckon varies).

So how much is acceptable? Good question. Could we be guided by the folks in Canberra or plant count laws that apply when the courts look at it? Maybe.

I think the point most ppl are trying to make is that she should have been more discrete and none of this would have been a problem. Many folks on here warned her. But complacency set in. I read several times that she lived in a canna friendly neighbourhood. Obviously someone wasn't too friendly.

Just my 2c

MLG

Not trying to infer anything, looking from outside in what would you think

Do you think it's a good idea explaining in court 3 yrs supply so you could build a house?

Certainly not for trying to supply hubbie either ,hats off

BUT it was suggested to her as early as November that she should be taking more precautions and not be so open about it in her community

I feel for her and wish this on nobody

She made reference to GQ , not any one else

And yes given her location alone 50 plants was too many

IMO

• Upvote 2

Hey Mongy,

Nothing wrong with trying to grow some meds for your partner to help with things. But 50 plants and the way she went about it is asking for trouble and that's what she got. People here grow for perso but I'm sure some here for perso plus a bit extra (however much that is I reckon varies).

So how much is acceptable? Good question. Could we be guided by the folks in Canberra or plant count laws that apply when the courts look at it? Maybe.

I think the point most ppl are trying to make is that she should have been more discrete and none of this would have been a problem. Many folks on here warned her. But complacency set in. I read several times that she lived in a canna friendly neighbourhood. Obviously someone wasn't too friendly.

Just my 2c

MLG

I'm just pretty sure the last thing Aqua needs atm is people saying I told you so or you should have known better and in particular passing judgement on the number of plants she had and alluding to commercial growing just based on those numbers and their own personal opinion. People should be supporting her for having the guts to supply her husband meds when she had no other option.

Whilst 50 plants may sound like a lot to some the reality is plant numbers and how they are treated is already enshrined in law in Australia so personal opinions on how many plants Aqua had or if she deserved it etc. are irrelevant anyway unless your the magistrate she has to have a chat with soon.

It is pretty obvious to any blind freddy there was nothing commercial about Aquas grow and going on previous cases in Qld over the last few years the courts will agree. Qld courts are very open to listening to medical grounds and in Qld it isn't until you have over 99 plants that it becomes an indictable offense and automatically treated as commercial so 50 plants isn't a lot in reality.

Not trying to infer anything, looking from outside in what would you think

Do you think it's a good idea explaining in court 3 yrs supply so you could build a house?

Certainly not for trying to supply hubbie either ,hats off

BUT it was suggested to her as early as November that she should be taking more precautions and not be so open about it in her community

I feel for her and wish this on nobody

She made reference to GQ , not any one else

And yes given her location alone 50 plants was too many

IMO

Do you honesty believe Aqua was growing a house micmac? And by house for the record she is talking about buying a shipping container to put on a small rural block she has owned for years to live in.

Maybe yes she has made mistakes in some peoples opinion. Maybe yes in hindsight she would have grown less plants. Maybe yes she would have grown more. Maybe yes she would have hidden them better. Maybe yes she would have grown them in her front garden in plain sight. Who knows other than that is all up to Aqua and who is anyone else to judge? How others choose to grow is entirely up to them isn't it?.

I bet there isn't a member here that has been growing for years who doesn't have a story or more to tell about close calls or busts they learnt from.

I just don't see any positive in growers bagging out another grower who has been busted or passing judgment based on how they chose to grow I guess. That is up to the courts now and growers should be supporting her all the way imo.

• Upvote 1