Please support our 2020 survey of cannabis growing at worldwideweed.nl

Thanks a lot - most appreciated!

Will definitely take those comments back to the team.

Hey Monica,

Good to hear from you again. I've completed this version of the survey and I did found a couple of minor issues.

1)This question is a little confusing "What kind of medium are the plant roots typically suspended in?" Perlite is my medium, but hydro is my grow method

attachicon.gifScreenshot (4).png

2)This question does not have a text box for any other answer. "How do you know which strains you are growing?"

attachicon.gifScreenshot (3).png

I've gone back to find a specific question to take a screen shot of it and now can't find it. It asks about drying times, but from my experience the time varies depending on weather conditions and ambient temperatures. I do not have a set number of days for drying but rather 'it dries until the stems snap cleanly', however long that takes.

Another point is that unlike previous surveys, none of the questions are numbered (Helps us stoners if we get lost lol lol lol "Now where was I up to....." lol or maybe that's just me)

Hope it helps

Merl1n

hiya monica :)

thanks heaps for the survey ... it looks good.

i have a couple of suggestions, which may be relevant (or not) ... sorry, I didn't take screenshots ...

Qu. Which strain/s of cannabis have you grown in the past 12 months?
__
Comment: i noticed there was an option for autoflower and was thinking that a box for 'feminised seeds' might be handy for analysis further down the track.:)

Qu. What kind of medium are the plants’ roots typically suspended in?

__

Comment: like Merl1n's comments ... this question doesn't quite fit the answers available. in my situation though, the use of 'roots typically suspended in' and 'medium' show a bias towards growing synthetically. from an organic soil point of view ... the soil provides a synergistic environment that allows the plant to organise and control diverse microorganisms in order to provide both the plant and the microorganisms with their needs. 'medium' and suspended' infer only one narrow purpose and positions the plant as passive in the growing process, which although applicable to most hydroponic situations, does not accurately convey the multitude of functions that living organic soil offers. in living organic soil, the plant is an (if not 'the') active participant in the growing process ... not the grower.:).

please know that is just my opinion and might not be relevant to most growers and/or might be quite difficult to convey in a survey format.

lol ... who would have thought the cannabis growers would come from such diverse backgrounds .... hehehe

Qu. Which of the following influence your decision on which strains/varieties to grow?

Do you prefer:

__

Comment:

In this case, I would prefer to have an answer format where i can select a number of responses, as some times there will be a variety of reasons that influence strain selection. Also ... it would be good if some mention of Terpenes could be provided, as some growers are selecting strains based on terpene profiles.

sorry again for the lack of screenshots. please note that i really appreciate this process and the good work you do - it is so refreshing to see genuine research into real issues.

thanks heaps.:)

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot pug1010 - these are really helpful comments. I will take them back to the team and see if we can tighten up a few things to make this work better!

Anyone else want to have a go? I need to get comments to the investigators by 19th December, so any time in the next week would be sweet!

hiya monica :)

thanks heaps for the survey ... it looks good.

i have a couple of suggestions, which may be relevant (or not) ... sorry, I didn't take screenshots ...

Qu. Which strain/s of cannabis have you grown in the past 12 months?
__
Comment: i noticed there was an option for autoflower and was thinking that a box for 'feminised seeds' might be handy for analysis further down the track. :)

Qu. What kind of medium are the plants’ roots typically suspended in?

__

Comment: like Merl1n's comments ... this question doesn't quite fit the answers available. in my situation though, the use of 'roots typically suspended in' and 'medium' show a bias towards growing synthetically. from an organic soil point of view ... the soil provides a synergistic environment that allows the plant to organise and control diverse microorganisms in order to provide both the plant and the microorganisms with their needs. 'medium' and suspended' infer only one narrow purpose and positions the plant as passive in the growing process, which although applicable to most hydroponic situations, does not accurately convey the multitude of functions that living organic soil offers. in living organic soil, the plant is an (if not 'the') active participant in the growing process ... not the grower. :).

please know that is just my opinion and might not be relevant to most growers and/or might be quite difficult to convey in a survey format.

lol ... who would have thought the cannabis growers would come from such diverse backgrounds .... hehehe

Qu. Which of the following influence your decision on which strains/varieties to grow?

Do you prefer:

__

Comment:

In this case, I would prefer to have an answer format where i can select a number of responses, as some times there will be a variety of reasons that influence strain selection. Also ... it would be good if some mention of Terpenes could be provided, as some growers are selecting strains based on terpene profiles.

sorry again for the lack of screenshots. please note that i really appreciate this process and the good work you do - it is so refreshing to see genuine research into real issues.

thanks heaps. :)

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone at Oz Stoners

We have finally launched our survey. You can see our updated website here and go straight to the Australian survey here

The Oz Stoner community has contributed both to the 1st survey (2012) and this follow-up one (2020) - both helping to pilot the questionnaire and participating.

We are interested in seeing what may have changed between 2012 and 2020 in terms of cultivation: how people grow, reasons for growing, policy changes, as well as how COVID-19 restrictions have affected your cultivation, if they have at all!

Also, as always, we are very interested in your feedback. Please put your feedback right in this thread! At this point we can't change the survey, but we can still take further feedback on board to help us in interpreting the data later.

With thanks!

Monica and the GCCRC

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much. We appreciate your input into the design last year.

We wonder if there are any people or organisations you can recommend that we connect with to promote the survey. We've mentioned it to the Hemp Embassy. I'm sure there's a few more people we can connect with!

Facebook advertising is potentially not the way to go to promote this survey, as Facebook is very particular about cannabis advertising.

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much. We appreciate your input into the design last year.

We wonder if there are any people or organisations you can recommend that we connect with to promote the survey. We've mentioned it to the Hemp Embassy. I'm sure there's a few more people we can connect with!

Facebook advertising is potentially not the way to go to promote this survey, as Facebook is very particular about cannabis advertising.

Sent your web page to my son. He is a lecturer at Federation uni in Victoria. Specializes in Environmental Psychology. Cannot promise anything but I know he will do the survey at least. 

• Upvote 1

• Oz unpinned this topic