List of Australian Organic NoTill Amendments and Components

15 gal is a good size, but i understand where you're coming from ... that's a tight space.

a couple of grows ago, i bought a cheapie 2x2x2 tent (just to get a month's heads start, while the plant (on top of this tent) finished flowering) and plonked a 15gal smartpot in it ... like you said ... full as. i encountered two main problems ... the pot blocked a fair bit of airflow from both ducts and passive inlets. it still did the trick though ... i just had to crank up the fan a bit more. the major issue was dragging the pot out after a month, as the tent design had a kind of 'D' shaped zip which made the maximum zip-flap width about the same size as my pot diameter ... lol ... nearly did my back in on that one. one other factor to consider might be height restrictions - the height of your tent, pot wall height and total plant height - will all have an impact on the final distance of your light to plant canopy.

if you have a reasonable fan attached to your carbon filter (using passive intakes), good tent flap width (50ish cm) and a tallish tent (180-200cm) growing with an LED, or a HID cool lamp setup, or even a well-designed cmh fixture, with a pot height of approx 30cm and growing a strain that will finish at around 100cm ... then I reckon the 15gal pot will work well. :)

depending on how much clean water you have available and also if you live in a humid climate, i would try to minimise the evaporation from the pot (especially around the pot walls) by wrapping a bit of panda film around the pot circumference - leaving around 4-5 cm from the bottom free from panda film - a little like RootTrapper pots:

https://myrootmaker.com/collections/roottrapper%C2%AE-containers/products/roottrapper%C2%AE-ii-15-gallon

hope it helps :)

included a pic below showing one way to get around the ducts being blocked ... used a bit of ducting (as a passive inlet) and rested it on the pot edge. also ... included another photo to hopefully help with one way to get around small space issues - there is a 60x60x60cm tent inside a 1m x 60cm x 200cm tent ... there's another 15gal pot on top of the smaller tent under a cmh315. with some good ventilation ... i reckon it will be tight but a goer. :)

Now that's tight.. :) 2x2x5 so i got abit more heigh than you

I've got low profile LED in there, that was the other concern ventilation. My fan only has one speed so it moves the air pretty good. I don't really want to but I might have to just go with a 10g cause i might need a hunidifer in there in the future will have to see how it all comes together once the big pot is in there and everything is growing to see how  temps and humidity work out.

Good idea with the bit of duct in the inlet do you cover it with anything to top the pests? What hare those things you got in your pots the blue and green thing?

Interesting pots too never seen them

Edited by invisiblecomplication

i think veritas did his first grow in a similar-sized, small tent, with an LED and used 7gal pots - it turned out well.:)

the bigger pots just make life easier, but if their size doesn't work in a tight space, than a 10gal would still do the trick - it might take a bit of effort to fit in a humidifier in your space, but in many tight spaces, transpiration can effectively add to tent humidity levels (or a humidifier could be indirectly used in the room where the tent is located) - a dehumidifer would prove a bit more complex.

for your space, if the pot has a height of 25cm and the bottom of the led hangs 20cm from the tent roof, and a gap of 25cm is left between the bottom of the LED and the plant canopy ... that would still allow for a plant height of 80cm or so - depending on how and where the carbon filter is located. due to the narrow tent width, lst won't be quite as effective, so selecting a variety that is small and not too bushy, might be a good thing.:) there are a fair few indicas that should work in that space, but not as many sativa dominant hybrids - never grown them, but cinex or c99 come to mind (not sure if it's relevant, but cinderella 99 also comes in a feminised form called cinderella xx).

regarding the questions ...

i usually cut up some old merino thermals and put them over the ducting opening to stop dust and help with light- secured with a thick rubber band ... some people use panyhose, but i don't have access to that ... hehehe. the blue thing is a make-shift cover for the blumat digital moisture reader, as sometimes i'm a bit erratic with my watering (depends on music mostly ... have found that fat freddy's drop makes for some good, regular waterings) and the green one is the top cap from a blumat xl classic - the classics provide supplemental water and end up buried by the end of the grow. :)

yeah worth giving it a go pug

the inventors have open sourced the version they sell of bokashi called grokashi http://gro-kashi.com/

i make this stuff & use it with liquid em-1 on canna very regularly 

def increases plant health as well as helping the composting happening in the mulch layer & throughout the pot  

sweet , afgna#1 fem seeds here we come :) you are planning on planting more than one seed aren't cha 

cos most of the time the banana thing produces 100% fem's but every now & then it's not 100% & you end up with a male 

i use EM-1 as a soil drench @ 5ml per liter & 1.5ml per liter for foliar spray , once a week 

i use the grokashi as part of a top dress every 2 weeks 

Hey itchybro do you have the recepie for the growkashi you could share here please