Cheapest way to grow?

These coco blocks from bunnings are so imbalanced in terms of ph and overloaded with to many salts to begin with it won't take much to give a young plant toxicity. Best thing you can do is flush lots of ph water through it all at once to remove the salt it contains and then water with just seasol until you notice the leaves first starting to get a bit pale, then start adding a little bit of fertilizer, bit by bit, quarter strength of what manufacturer suggests.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

These coco blocks from bunnings are so imbalanced in terms of ph and overloaded with to many salts to begin with it won't take much to give a young plant toxicity. Best thing you can do is flush lots of ph water through it all at once to remove the salt it contains and then water with just seasol until you notice the leaves first starting to get a bit pale, then start adding a little bit of fertilizer, bit by bit, quarter strength of what manufacturer suggests.

Awesome 420 thanks to the advice. Rookie error in getting the coco block.

At least it can be saved.

Thinking I might have to repot in something better?? Or just keep them where they are now so not to shock them??

Edited by purplehazed1

Awesome 420 thanks to the advice. Rookie error in getting the coco block.

At least it can be saved.

Thinking I might have to repot in something better?? Or just keep them where they are now so not to shock them??

I'd just flush and leave them as they are... I've always used the bunnings coco, and once its flushed and conditioned a bit it goes alright.

• Upvote 1

I'd just flush and leave them as they are... I've always used the bunnings coco, and once its flushed and conditioned a bit it goes alright.

I just learnt something new as well ..

what do u flush it with ?

I was wondering cause I bought a few blocks to save on money and also easier than carrying bags around - I germinated a few different seedlings then put them straight into the Bunnings coco and within a week all 4 wilted away - I was wondering what the hell id done wrong !

Hi all,

Wondering if this plant is male or female? Cheers attachicon.gifIMG_3099.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3100.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3101.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3102.JPG

Can’t tell until you flip them to 12/12 and flower myself mate - I usually order feminised seeds to almost guarantee fems mate for the future

I just learnt something new as well ..

what do u flush it with ?

I was wondering cause I bought a few blocks to save on money and also easier than carrying bags around - I germinated a few different seedlings then put them straight into the Bunnings coco and within a week all 4 wilted away - I was wondering what the hell id done wrong !

Which product are you using? The big brown blocks that make up to 90L? The garden soil I think it is... this is what I use, and this grow I got real lazy. Usually I will mix it up (I add a bag of potting mix and 10L of perlite per block) and fill up 40L pots, then flush with pH rainwater until runoff is under 400 ppm and pH is in range. This time cos I was out of rainwater and using RO instead I didn't flush at all and most plants are going great. I even saturated the coco with straight tap water which can run as high as 900ppm... and didn't balance pH either. So frankly, fuck knows... lmao.

• Upvote 1

Which product are you using? The big brown blocks that make up to 90L? The garden soil I think it is... this is what I use, and this grow I got real lazy. Usually I will mix it up (I add a bag of potting mix and 10L of perlite per block) and fill up 40L pots, then flush with pH rainwater until runoff is under 400 ppm and pH is in range. This time cos I was out of rainwater and using RO instead I didn't flush at all and most plants are going great. I even saturated the coco with straight tap water which can run as high as 900ppm... and didn't balance pH either. So frankly, fuck knows... lmao.

Yeah sticky I think it was the Brunnings ones - I never flushed them or anything. I even germinated 2 in rockwool no problems and then when they had their 2nd set of leaves put them into 1L pots with the brunnings coco under 600w HPS (had 2 pots vegging so the light was easily 800mm- 1.2m away and they still died within a week .

Could have been shit seeds from Seedsman as I had about 20 seeds that wouldn’t even pop or they would start and die ... re ordered some and haven’t had an issue but have been using Canna coco now incase