• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit

Photo

Cheapest way to grow?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

purplehazed1

purplehazed1

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Posts:

Hi all,
Complete novice please be kind.
I’m a long time chronic arthritis and MS sufferer. Been taking prescription opioids for years.
A mate gave me a few joints of Afghani Kush and I was in tears as to the relief it gave me.
Now thinking of growing a couple of plants in garage but honestly have next to no $ to spend due to raising 2 kids on disability Pension so how can I do it super cheap? Outdoors is not possible. Have 1 window that gets 2-3 hrs direct sunlights per day. Thanks in advance ✌️

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1777 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

Build a DIY cupboard like I did.

Check out my grows for pics and info.

I got a small 40x40x1.6 single cupboard from the salvo shop, did a little bit of DIY magic installed a few fans and made my own light bar with old lamp fittings, and voila a working grow cupboard.

using a couple of 24w CFL's for lighting.

I still managed to pull between 1-2 ounces per grow, not much but that's what you get on a budget could possible get more if you tuned it in a bit more with LST etc.

otherwise you can order small tents and kits on ebay but you obviously end up spending more the less you diy. 

Edited by The Stoned Jester, 13 January 2019 - 09:19 AM.

gallery_40304_1204_35607.jpg

Have you ever noticed the most dangerous thing about cannabis is getting caught by the police with it?

"When the legal side effects of a substance cause more harm to a person than the side effects of the substance itself we have an injustice." - Jimmy Carter

:plant: "Who says stoner's aren't creative? - Give them weed and nothing to smoke it out of, and they turn into fucking Macgyver" :plant:

CURRENT GROW - https://cannabis.com...-grow-c99-x-hk/

PREVIOUS GROWhttps://cannabis.com...3-jesters-grow/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...00w-drobe-grow/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...vil-experiment/

PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...k1-x-blueberry/
PREVIOUS GROW - https://cannabis.com...er-grows-again/

READ THE RULES!

WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

Tunkers

Tunkers

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 5609 Posts:
  • Interests:Tokin'
    Growin'
    Metal
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
Fridges are great too. Gum tree always have cheap ones, if not free. Put a latch on it, pretend it's to keep kids outta the beers lol

Completed Journals

Tunkers Tinkering      State of Origin 1      Samsung F Series LED Build

purplehazed1

purplehazed1

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Posts:

Build a DIY cupboard like I did.

Check out my grows for pics and info.

I got a small 40x40x1.6 single cupboard from the salvo shop, did a little bit of DIY magic installed a few fans and made my own light bar with old lamp fittings, and voila a working grow cupboard.

using a couple of 24w CFL's for lighting.

I still managed to pull between 1-2 ounces per grow, not much but that's what you get on a budget could possible get more if you tuned it in a bit more with LST etc.

otherwise you can order small tents and kits on ebay but you obviously end up spending more the less you diy.

Awesome thanks so much for the info.
So that’s 40 x 40 cms?
What was the average grow time from seeding to smoke?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

AquaDolly

AquaDolly

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1172 Posts:
With a auto 3 months. The guys will help you figure out where to cut holes etc. Look on gumtree for free things people are giving away.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

The Stoned Jester

The Stoned Jester

The one, the only - The Stoned Jester.

• Members
  • 1777 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 80w Philips CFL

yeah seed to smoke about 3-1/2-4 months, 1 month(4weeks) to veg and grow then minimum of 2 months (8 weeks) flower.

Matanuska Thunder

Matanuska Thunder

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2703 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
Hi purp
Have a look into Stoned Jesters grows, he has nailed growing on the cheap.

All you need to get a grow started is a few light globes - the new fluro type, they are strong enough to get a seed or two growing.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

benn0

benn0

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

hey purp i dunno what your budget is but i just brought 2 x 400wat HPS ballasts, globes, globe sockets and shields for 220, id figure out venting once you've figured out grow area, whether it be a dedicated room or a giant cupboard or a plywood setup which is what i recommend (sheets of plywood, either thick plywood or plywood to a pine frame) then ventilation setups and carbon filters on ebay can be about 110 depending of your size, then of course there is electricity but yeah were a bit stuffed here in aus where the govt pulled all research and development into renewables 5-10 years ago now were in a crisis because we never went on to develop renewables and its a big shambles, they want to throw money at the problem but the problem is policy. but i digress

im not sure of your ability but honestly creativity is key, outdoor is by far the cheapest, depending on location you could light dep by simply carrying a pot in at 5-6pm at night and putting it back out 9.30pm.

purplehazed1

purplehazed1

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Posts:

Hi purp
Have a look into Stoned Jesters grows, he has nailed growing on the cheap.

All you need to get a grow started is a few light globes - the new fluro type, they are strong enough to get a seed or two growing.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Thanks heaps for the info.
Yes he’s certainly mastered the art!!

purplehazed1

purplehazed1

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 Posts:

hey purp i dunno what your budget is but i just brought 2 x 400wat HPS ballasts, globes, globe sockets and shields for 220, id figure out venting once you've figured out grow area, whether it be a dedicated room or a giant cupboard or a plywood setup which is what i recommend (sheets of plywood, either thick plywood or plywood to a pine frame) then ventilation setups and carbon filters on ebay can be about 110 depending of your size, then of course there is electricity but yeah were a bit stuffed here in aus where the govt pulled all research and development into renewables 5-10 years ago now were in a crisis because we never went on to develop renewables and its a big shambles, they want to throw money at the problem but the problem is policy. but i digress

im not sure of your ability but honestly creativity is key, outdoor is by far the cheapest, depending on location you could light dep by simply carrying a pot in at 5-6pm at night and putting it back out 9.30pm.

Thanks Benno you guys are a massive help

Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.