Greenhouse?

Got to spend some time in the garden. Soil is 1/3 carbon layer (debris from under the trees) 1/3 manure (horse, rabbit and bat) and 1/3 fresh seaweed (dried and munched up). The mix was slow composted over winter and spring, then put down for a hotter compost with some organic dynamic lifter added (pellets). I also have a thing for dead birds, they break down really fast and feathers are a high source of nitrogen. The soil is very alkaline here so one watering with around 100ml vinegar to 10lt of water brings the pots to neutral and I correct with trace elements (mainly for iron). Pots are 32lt.

There are no strict rules in my garden, just read the plants and do what works. Generally organics outside although I do correct with chemicals when needed and use sulphate of potash over the organic version occasionally. This soil mix takes care of veg, anything I add now is purely to enrich the organics, as you can see the plants are shinny, green and healthy.

These are preflowered sativa hybrids, topped 2 - 3 times for 4 - 8 crowns per plant. That's about it for now, keep 'em green and growing until the end of January, then get some P n K in for pre-flower and flower.

post-63483-0-91967800-1545904030_thumb.jpg

post-63483-0-06352600-1545905230_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Topping: I top all my plants at least twice before they mature, once at the third or fourth node and again at the sixth node, it makes a difference where you top. On average you can expect a plant to reach maturity in six weeks, thats one node per week from seed. You want to get your topping done while the nodes are still paired, once the plant matures to staggered nodes they don't top predictably. Another tip, cut the whole top back to a paired set of branches that are aleady out and growing, this ensures branches don't take over.

The reason for topping? Each crown will yield the same amount as the one crown of an untopped plant. The down side, with bigger plants you need to take precautions to ensure the stems don't split where you topped.

First topping at the third node.

post-63483-0-62309800-1545908795_thumb.jpg

Second topping at the sixth node.

post-63483-0-46486500-1545909096_thumb.jpg

Worm castings: The older plants got a top dressing of castings today. I set my compost worms down on nothing but a 2-3 inch bed of rabbit manure and feed them nothing else but banana peals. In theory they should be rich in nutrients.

As a side note, you can find all three compost worms up in your guttering if you don't clean them very often lol I gathered mine from the mud in a storm water drain down the road, it's very easy to tell the difference from earth worms.

Compost worms.

post-63483-0-51535500-1545910809_thumb.jpg

Earth worms.

post-63483-0-43945500-1545911667_thumb.jpg

Castings.

post-63483-0-39223900-1545911802_thumb.jpg

I have a shed with clear polyvcarb fo the roof and have the greenhouse cloth called aluminet. Its like woven aluminum but its just the strands coated. Not overly cheap.

https://www.growfreshgreenhouses.com.au/aluminet-50percent-4-3mw.html.

Ive only put plants under th roifing so not sure on results

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I have a shed with clear polyvcarb fo the roof and have the greenhouse cloth called aluminet. Its like woven aluminum but its just the strands coated. Not overly cheap.

https://www.growfreshgreenhouses.com.au/aluminet-50percent-4-3mw.html.

Ive only put plants under th roifing so not sure on results

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

it's aluminium coated polyethylene

depends on what you want to achieve 

any shade cloth wont keep the rain out but also wont completely trap humidity after watering 

solarpro 15% shade or solarweave 50% shade , will keep the rain out/off ya plants but will trap humidity after watering depending on your setup 

http://theshadecentre.com.au/product-category/horticultural-roll-products/hothouse-fabrics/

the obvious benefit of keeping the rain out is , it lets you have electrical's in the greenhouse like circulation fans or extra lighting for clones to be kept in veg  

• Upvote 1