Auto growers Anonymous

Yes I suppose it's possible,but the way the plant works surely the clones would always be at the same stage as t he mother plant

So cloning would only result in small plants that have been stunted by the cloning process n still finish roughly same time as the mother

So why would u do it ,more than likely u won't have a plant that is healthy enough nor last long enough to produce a quality seed anyway?

You still need another female plant to fertilse ?

You can't use the plant it came from

Even if u did succeed it is maximum effort for a very minimum return,no guarantee of the quality or stability of the seeds

Bot able to produce enough plants to then produce a stable 4th or 5 generation plant,then again provided u choose the right plants each generation,again from limited resources

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yes I suppose it's possible,but the way the plant works surely the clones would always be at the same stage as t he mother plant

So cloning would only result in small plants that have been stunted by the cloning process n still finish roughly same time as the mother

So why would u do it ,more than likely u won't have a plant that is healthy enough nor last long enough to produce a quality seed anyway?

You still need another female plant to fertilse ?

You can't use the plant it came from

Even if u did succeed it is maximum effort for a very minimum return,no guarantee of the quality or stability of the seeds

Bot able to produce enough plants to then produce a stable 4th or 5 generation plant,then again provided u choose the right plants each generation,again from limited resources

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It is possible micmac, I've done it before. The purpose of the clone is solely to produce pollen, although last time it did still produce female parts aswell as male and pollinate itself resulting in viable seeds.

You can pollenate the mother plant too. Why would it not work? I have read that a female plant that goes beyond it's harvest point will often produce bananas to try pollenate itself and fem seeds can be made this way, so if a plant is still able to accept pollen, aslong as it has viable pistols to accept it i mean, and it stays alive long enough to produce a viable seed, why wouldn't it?

I agree, the genetics are unknown as you haven't seen the result yet, but to produce a decent quantity of seeds from the mother and a branch of each other auto in the room will save me money and keep me hunting a huge range of phenotypes for a while to come. I'm no breeder, pure pollen chucker.

• Upvote 2

Probably a better safer way to do it instead of doing it on a branch and leaving branch on.

In theory could be in another room too which is nice.

I don't have the skills but have grown out the result of a cs branch on a fem auto to make pollen to pollenate a different fem.

Results of that seem to be 90-100cm in soil in 13l pot. It's a GG fast X og Mephisto.