Oh no... GG4 gone rogue

The articles also answered the question of trying to cross in one plant.

The resulting seed may not be exact copies of the original plant, but may display some hidden genetic material of the mother plants. So this is not a clone seed, but could possibly be better than the original, or worse because of the genetic variation in hidden genes. Interesting in deed.

The articles also answered the question of trying to cross in one plant.

The resulting seed may not be exact copies of the original plant, but may display some hidden genetic material of the mother plants. So this is not a clone seed, but could possibly be better than the original, or worse because of the genetic variation in hidden genes. Interesting in deed.

My only breeding program I've attempted was by cloning an auto... i got it at just the right time that it pollinated itself and i pollinated one bud on each of the 3 other strains i was growing at the time. Only 2 made viable seeds and i just killed the crossbred seeds out in the heat... my cbd crack seeds split today so hopefully from these 40 i will be able to strengthen the genetics in another CS run. I want vigorous initial growth, and the same big dense buds the original had. So I'll clone the best starter and CS that to pollinate the rest and keep the seeds from the best yielder.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good luck, I hope you have success and you get what you want from your breeding program.

I will still be crossing my plant with itself(i will keep the seed and destroy the plant). Some seed may be true to the cross and some may vary from hidden genetics. Will be fun to see if there are any improvements, therein lies the rub.

Good luck, I hope you have success and you get what you want from your breeding program.

I will still be crossing my plant with itself(i will keep the seed and destroy the plant). Some seed may be true to the cross and some may vary from hidden genetics. Will be fun to see if there are any improvements, therein lies the rub.

Why destroy it ...can always make edibles from it.

If the plant comes into contact with Colloidal Silver, It renders the plant unusable. Crossing within the same plant could result in some over spray onto the budding side of the plant. Below is from the article about the cross. I'm not prepared to take the chance of no over spray and poison myself or my wife.

2.) Spray the bud sites of your known female plant daily during first 3-4 weeks of the flowering stage (until pollen sacs form and start splitting open) – After switching to a 12/12 light schedule, choose bud sites on your known female plant, and spray/drench them daily with colloidal silver (or gibberellic acid). As the treated flowers develop, they will form into male pollen sacs. Untreated bud sites on the plant will form into female buds as usual; however these buds are unsafe to smoke unless you've been very careful to make sure they didn't come into contact with colloidal silver or gibberellic acid during the feminization process.

The problem as I see it is to time the male and female side up at roughly the prime time of the cross. To achieve this I think I will have to try and turn the male side a couple of weeks before turning the light to flower.. Don't know how this will go, but I will see.

Just underlined and made bold the relevant part.

Edited by ZEN2U

I only have 1 seed left of the Super Lemon Skunk and no wish to purchase more(I'm a cheap bastard lol) seed. So I intent to scrog the plant and isolate half as best I can, I will not consume the plant for fear of over spray. I only want the seed anyway. I will keep some pollen for later crosses though.

There is a difference of 2-3 weeks between prime pollen production and prime seed formation. This is a problem I will try and overcome.

• Upvote 1