Outdoor Grow - Jack Herer (Fem) & Blue Power (Fem)

All three are coming up nicely. I've pulled back the watering to every 3 to 4 days as the pot is quite big my meter is saying the bottom half of the pot is still very wet so I'm trying to encourage the roots to go down.

This is the Jack Herer in its final pot. About a 54L rocket pot. This is about 3 weeks old (from sprouting)

Then there is the Auto Bubble in an 11L fabric pot, also final pot. This one is about 5 days old (from sprouting)

Then there is the Blue Power also in its final pot. About a 37- 40L rocket pot. This one is the same age as the Jack Herer however it had its stem bent when it just came up so it's taken a lot longer to recover and begin growing again. It also has a little bit of discolouration on its leaves, any idea what this could be?

As always, thanks for your help everyone.

452af7764b7a6e1842243eecff4ad3c9.jpg53148d56ab59c79fbd6a6b9c69d92e7c.jpg8111b3bd283aaf8867248caa37d7441f.jpg48bade6d37bddfa13e99af87e1d28da5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looking good mate.

I don't mind the rocket pots. Not quite as difficult as fabric to water. Keeps shape better.

Can peel off with minimal disturbance to roots.

The clips in mine to keep together are a silly 2piece design with like half turn to open.

Replaced with zip ties. Way better.

There's a few different ones out now with better fasteners but the bigger ones like the op are a better setup with the bar keeping it together. Way better than the 2x 2 piece clips in some.

G'day buddy,

This is the second year I've used these rocket pots so I don't really have anything to compare to. But I can for sure tell you that by the end of grow season the roots have grown to the absolute edges and covered the entire pot densely.

As mentioned below they are super easy to transplant cause you literally just peel the entire wall off lift it off the base an into a new pot. Very little disturbance. But you're right, they are fucking pricey haha especially for 18, that will cost you a pretty penny hahaha. Might be an idea to buy 1or 2 and give it a test against your own set up, see if it actually makes a difference or not haha

Looking good mate. Ya used those rocket pots much mate? Thinking about getting some for my indoor, price is stopping me a little though and I'm gunna run about 18 plants next time haha

Looking good mate.

I don't mind the rocket pots. Not quite as difficult as fabric to water. Keeps shape better.

The clips in mine to keep together are a silly 2piece design with like half turn to open.

There's a few different ones out now with better fasteners but the bigger ones like the op are a better setup with the bar keeping it together. Way better than the 2x 2 piece clips in some.

Yeah I find the one I have, which is the one with the big bar down the guts of the seam works a treat. The shape stays, and the bar holds it down great. And you just pull it out from the top and the whole thing unravels easily.

Looking good mate.

This is actually my first year using the fabric ones! What makes you say they are harder to water? Does it run off easier? Will I be needing to water them more often than the rockets?

Even with regular pots I'll occasionally drop the whole pot into a larger bucket/container for the very reason you mentioned there, mate. Leave soak for a few minutes seems to do the trick. Just don't have the water level higher than the pot itself, otherwise some of the lighter potting mix/soil can float up and out of the pot/s.

• Upvote 1

Even with regular pots I'll occasionally drop the whole pot into a larger bucket/container for the very reason you mentioned there, mate. Leave soak for a few minutes seems to do the trick. Just don't have the water level higher than the pot itself, otherwise some of the lighter potting mix/soil can float up and out of the pot/s.

Ahh yes good tip, I guess you could also drop it in a small tray of water and allow it to wick up into it

• Upvote 2