Outdoors

I reckon tying down is a good option, haven't got any experience with it myself though. I've seen pics where the main stem was tied to grow along the ground and branches and buds grow up so it all kept pretty low.

and despite what weekprik says, I think your plants are a lot more likely to be seen than smelt. :) Smell is only an issue for indoor grows IMO.

Ive seen alot of MJ plants growen along the ground but you have to start early, and i believe the best way is to raise in a pot and have the pot on its side, the plant grows up for awhile and then when you plant it properly its already laying accros the ground so all u gotta do is keep training it.

that sounds like a good idea, I'm gonna try that one day. I also heard that if you can get the main stem to touch the ground you can sometimes get it to root. I imagine more root sites helps yield too. Of course lying down on the ground might also give your plants stem rot, but whos to say until you try :)

The reason smell is more of a concern with indoor grows is that its a funny smell concentrated and expelled through an exhaust where lots of people might be around. ie houses/units etc. Out in the open the smell dissipates a lot more quickly I would guess.

maybe an outdoor grower can shed some more light on the issue?

I saw 30 4 foot skunk plants in a backyard in melbourne once, nearly 10 years ago now. Couldn't smell them from the front of the house tho. The crop was picked successfully apparantly, so it worked.

Some people have better noses than others regarding outdoor crops, best to have them away from regular traffic, and in as a difficult a place to get to as you can.

Tying down is worth it. And bending the tops instead of tipping. Just cos you can smell pot doesn't mean you will find it, so if you have tied it down and someone is looking for it cos they can smell it they are less likely to see it. Especially in the scrub. It might not help you in your back yard.

The only prob I have atm is that if one of my cats or family 'brush' against one of my babies, the smell drifts sometimes as far away as 2 blocks to the local pub!

I am going to proceed as planned. I used bag ties to position the plants in place. I just made a little 'hook' at each end and secured them to the outer edge of the pot. :D All of the branches are doing U-turns! They are trying to get the light at the tips but the rest of the branches are just reaching upwards. THe leaves are readjusting to the direction that the sun is coming from. They are much greener and healthier-looking. BUT, I'll keep you all posted and hopefully some pics later on.

Cheers to all for feed-back!

Happy growing! :D

I grow 20-30 plants in my back yard all year round. I dont use pots. Pots stick

out to much.I dig a hole a couple feet deep, chuck out the old dirt. Fill it with

some fresh stuff and away ya go. Camouflage is the order of the day folks.

People walking in the scrub will walk past a plant in the groung but a plant in

a pot sticks out like dogs balls.Dont plant near water, water attacts people,fisherman,campers,etc. If you find tracks where people have been walking

I,d say your looking in the wrong spot. I have to cross a creek with gators in it then cross a swamp filled with who knows what to get to my bush plants. Look for

a spot thats so wild and nasty looking that you think shit I,m not going in there.

And go and plant, its a good chance no body else will either.Get a bit friendly with

reptiles, a hell of a lot of folks are shit scared of poisoness snakes but they make the best deterants.I also know a friend who grows a couple pound in his front yard right in the centre of town and he stands in his front yard drinking a beer and watering with his hose. Hes plants have paid for his house in just a few short years.

Put some planning into it, Think of the future.Grow a nice round wall hedge of

everygreen houseplants. It might take ya a couple years.But if ya dont tell ANYONE you,ll have somewhere safe to grow weed for years to come.cheers....

I've planted under pine tree's before, the plants we're pretty poor but I think it was more the light than the soil. There was alot of nice humussy mulch under there too. and it was very good camouflage for the plants. I thought it would be ideal.

anyway one of my first grows was in a chicken pen in the sleeping bit, It was in a house I rented that was the most ideal growing location ever.

The area was corrugated iron all around and to get in I would have to climb into a dog cage, than slide on my belly under some corrugated iron until I get in an area about 6m x 1m all corrugated iron. I painted alot of the inside walls white too.

Unfortunately I never got to finish the crop cos my landlord died and his daughter wouldn't let me renew the lease. But I'm gonna build that type of thing at this house I'm at now. Chicken pens are the go I say.

As for outdoor plants, a big fucker can be smelt from probably 10-20 mtrs away with a nice breeze in your direction and a nose on the lookout for pot.

Anyway, I had a neighbour who had a tree outside his house, I had sat on this guys deck all the time staring at his yard, then one day he asked me if I could see any dope plants in his yard, I walked around for nearly half an hour, and then he goes over to this tree, and unties this knot in a rope and starts lowering down this plant. from his tree, growing in a cheapo normal bucket with garden soil. He had 5 little plants all in this little tree.

My last boring story is about the density of crops in some areas. I lived in a valley with 5 other houses, all growers, and we would have to talk about where we planted our plants cos other cunts would come along and plant hundreds of plants right next to our personal shit. Fucking rude I reckon, they were real fucking dumb too, planting right along the firetruck trails. I dunno if you guys think its rude, but anyone who tried to grow guerilla on our mountains had there plants removed.

You should think about that before you go planting geurilla plants, if the cops find em, you might be safe, but other growers who actually live in the area might get the blame for your shitty no-love plants.

hey all,

i thought that i would throw my 2cents worth ,

this topic is about stealth and i have sat hear 4 the last 40mins reading ever1s post and i came to the conclusion that at lease 6-8 of you have already given away enough info for any one with enough computer nowlage eg the law. to startareas of interest to start serches for the end of the season.

when it comes to outdoor growing or indoor, there's 1 rule..D.T.A lol WS