Outdoors

By the way, if u do want to use chicken wire or such around the patch, u may be able to run it from tree to tree in a circle around the grow. It takes more wire, but at least it's all under the trees.

I hate the stuf, wont use it.

I had some straight, very straight guys bother me to take them shooting one day. I met them through a church I went to.

I led them to the scrub I was growing in. I walked them straight through some plants! I mean they had to brush against them. There were just 6 plants in the patch, but they were looking for dingoes or whatever they wanted to kill, and they didnt even notice the plants. I walked them through the crop 3 times trying to see if they would notice.

Now they had no experience with pot, but it does tend to be dificult to find if u set it in the bush right.

I was fishing along a river once, and found a crop of about 200 plants surrounded with chicken wire.

Further along the same river/creek, I was fishing from a break in the scrub. Tossing lures for bass. My fishing freind called out to me asking for a "tackle back", so I had to drop my rusksack to dig in the bag. I knelt down and with that, my knee pushed over a sapling I had been standing next to for ten minutes. It wasn't a sapling, but a plant about head height.

I have grown for years, and I hadn't noticed it, because there was nothing "unnatural" around it to draw my attention.

Just some food for thought.

By the way, no I didnt take any buds from the big crop or the individual plants we found along the bank that day. I know the heart ache of trying to get a crop off the ground, and would hate to have someone take my hard work and just help themselves.

I did however get very disapointed. I was thinking what a great area to grow, but apparently many people had the same thought. I hadn't ever found such a concentrated place with plants.

Again, an old guy I knew was concerned because a car was regularly parking around a dam in a leased pine forest he had some cattle grazing on. He was sure they were hanging around the dam, as it's the congregating spot for the cattle in the evenings to get a drink. He was worried the cattle were at risk of being pilfered.

I did my very best to convince him that the guy was pob. just growing a few plants in the block nearby the dam, and watering them from the water hole.

Just the same, he called the cops. I knew they were coming, and so spent 2 one hour searches around that area trying to find the crop. I turned up not a scratch. but the cops came out and found the patch and charged the guy. They cheated but, they waited, and followed him.

Again, I just wanted to express how well plants hide if u do what u can to make no changes to the countryside. Well as little as possible.

Wire is a dead give away. Water bottles left scattered around have brought more growers undone than anything else.

I have a freind in the emergecy services, and they get called on by the cops out in their small town area to help search for crops if they suspect one in a given area. The cops train them to look for water bottles, cigarette buts, general trash. Not plants per sae.

cheers

rob

Guest Urbanhog

the soil where pine trees is growing is usually acidic, because pine trees's roots make the soil acidic for some reason, so the soil might be bit too acidic for mj plants??

I mean if you looked at these Pine or Xmas Trees plantations, you don't see much weeds, plants scrubs, etc.. growing along the pine trees on the plantations??

Some may disagree with my theory....but I tried to grow some flowers under a pine tree, they didn't grow well, but on other side of my property where there's no pine trees, the flowers grew extremely well.....

B)

I've seen a lot of empty plots in the forestry. I have freinds that work in the yarraman foresty, using heavy machinery. They come across round patches of chicken wires up to a few times a day.

So they must ba able to be grown in there. I agree with the acidic soil too but, so maybe they do a lot of prep. using dolomite through winter? I dunno/

If u arent going to grow a lot, bury pots in the ground, and carry in good soil. Make sure the pots are huge, and cut the botoms out.

rob

i've been considering growing in my backyard now for a while but i live close enough to australias biggest airforce base to see my fair share of planes & choppers to deter me a little. would they really care but? the bush around here is skattered with plants and they seem to be in good for for a fair period of time. theres never police choppers going over just the few air force ones and a few privates, the rest are air force planes. what are you're thoughts on the situation?

:P You could grow in hollow tree stumps, that way

you don't need to use pots. Take out the sticks &

leaves that have not broken down, then mix broken

soil with your potting mix to give natural nutrients,

put soil back in stump then plant seed or seedling.

:rolleyes:

cheers from the other wall

Hi again. I am growing outside near my back steps..... 5 plants, 3 in a planter box and 2 in a smaller planter box. All about 8-15" high.

I got neighbours on each side of me and only an above-ground water tank on mid-thigh height concrete stumps (galvanised rain tank), 1 very bushy, knee-high (Deep-green and flouro-green) fern and wheelie bin to shelter me.

I got high-school aged kids that walk right up the back of my yard everyday after school and my house (rented) is about mid-thigh height off ground via concrete posts.

Clear view from front IF you are looking for something out of the ordinary. I have left most of the area open so no 'suspicious' organised setups are detectible. Any advice?..... Besides I am mad? :)

PS: I once grew a pant 4' tall under a leaking tap at the local Police station. I was caught by the head copper and we split 50/50. QLD Police are quite 'negotiable' you know! :)

Pipeman..... Are you familiar with techniques of tying plants to help 'breakup' the normal appearance? I read that you mentioned tying in another topic. I write here because I am thinking about using tying as a stealth technique.

I have 2 choices with my plants:

1/ tip them once they are at the correct/safe height to let them fillout OR:

2/ tie the little suckers to change the chance of them being identified or recognised by their noarmal 'posture'.

Any info or tips would be appreciated. :)