Who uses what training method & why?

Try stuff. Have fun, research. Its about fun. Not the same thing works for everyone. Plants can bounce back from pretty much anything. Organic is open to so many things, same with LST. Check out some grow diaries. LST definitely helps. It can open a plant up and keep the height down. Just remember growing is for relaxation...

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I realize that. I've never felt more relaxed doing this. Have a good quality cone from this upcoming harvest and then tend to your plants while stoned and you're gonna see what I mean. You're so right, it's about experimenting and keeping your head stress-free and cool.

-- "It scares me to live in a society that imprisons those who try to grow their own medicine."

Good point... I guess I was just thinking that because I couldn't fill all 4 corners of a ScrOG, that it was pointless... Now I realise how stupid that sounds [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah man, just point ya plants toward the space and they'll go there. Scrogging is easiest way to keep an even canopy

Personally I SCROG one plant to fill my entire space

I have the plant in the middle of my netting then train her out like a starfish. Filling the SCROG net before turning 12/12 then allowing the growth splurt to grow straight up thru the netting.

I use 3 nets. The first is a heavy steel frame covered in mesh for training the growth out, then two trailer nets to support the weighty buds otherwise they end up facing the floor.

My lights are suspended on a straight bar with a bearing in the middle so I can rotate them over the entire grow space.

WHY?

It maximises the use of my entire growspace, gives me space in which to get around the plant to access the whole area. I use nets so I don't have strings hanging all over the shop supporting the buds and this allows the movement of the lights to anywhere they are needed over the entire grow. All of my 'waterworks' are outside of my growspace and this allows access to check fluids at anytime rather than being restricted to only when the lights are on.

So that's what I do.

Merl1n

Personally I SCROG one plant to fill my entire space

I have the plant in the middle of my netting then train her out like a starfish. Filling the SCROG net before turning 12/12 then allowing the growth splurt to grow straight up thru the netting.

I use 3 nets. The first is a heavy steel frame covered in mesh for training the growth out, then two trailer nets to support the weighty buds otherwise they end up facing the floor.

My lights are suspended on a straight bar with a bearing in the middle so I can rotate them over the entire grow space.

WHY?

It maximises the use of my entire growspace, gives me space in which to get around the plant to access the whole area. I use nets so I don't have strings hanging all over the shop supporting the buds and this allows the movement of the lights to anywhere they are needed over the entire grow. All of my 'waterworks' are outside of my growspace and this allows access to check fluids at anytime rather than being restricted to only when the lights are on.

So that's what I do.

Merl1n

How many times do you top or FIM your plant Merl1n?

3 or 4 times

The first when I plant the rockwool cube in my pot

The second when the 50ltr pot is covered

The third when I take clones and strip out all of the undergrowth to allow better air flow. This is usually about a week or so before I turn 12/12. This is when I try to even off the canopy so that everything grows up at around the same rate, otherwise when the growth splurt occurs some tips are left in shadow.

• Upvote 2

It is also very strain dependent as well. Some strains will prefer to grow a thicker, single cola, whereas others may naturally bush out. If you have different strains in the same grow space you might bend one plant over and top another. Or you might just supercrop every branch to maintain an even canopy height.

If I were in your situation, I’d listen to everyone who said to do a ScrOG and zip-tie a trellis across your 4x4. Top each plant after a couple of weeks and then weave each branch through for about 4 weeks or so and then switch to 12/12. You can maintain canopy height by filling in the trellis as the plant stretches for the first 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Stinky_Jones
  • Upvote 1

Ahhh Stinky trellis is a good idea BUT I would not be recommending weaving. I've weaved it in and out before and come harvest it is an absolute bastard to remove.

My steel netting has a heavy frame and this holds the growth down but I train the growth underneath the steel mesh then once the growth is covering the underneath I then turn 12/12 and allow the growth to come up thru the netting, this gives nice straight stems for the buds to develop on.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 4

It is also very strain dependent as well. Some strains will prefer to grow a thicker, single cola, whereas others may naturally bush out. If you have different strains in the same grow space you might bend one plant over and top another. Or you might just supercrop every branch to maintain an even canopy height.

If I were in your situation, I’d listen to everyone who said to do a ScrOG and zip-tie a trellis across your 4x4. Top each plant after a couple of weeks and then weave each branch through for about 4 weeks or so and then switch to 12/12. You can maintain canopy height by filling in the trellis as the plant stretches for the first 2-3 weeks.

Cheers Stinky.

Decided I'm definitely running a ScrOG and fimming my plants. Going to veg for a little bit longer to really fill the ScrOG up and get the most out of it.

Ahhh Stinky trellis is a good idea BUT I would not be recommending weaving. I've weaved it in and out before and come harvest it is an absolute bastard to remove.

My steel netting has a heavy frame and this holds the growth down but I train the growth underneath the steel mesh then once the growth is covering the underneath I then turn 12/12 and allow the growth to come up thru the netting, this gives nice straight stems for the buds to develop on.

Merl1n

That sounds perfect. I was referencing plastic trellis where you just cut it and dispose of it it at harvest. You buy the big rolls and trim it to fit the canopy. I like your use of the steel trellis though. Just trim the tops off when they’re done.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Cheers Stinky.

Decided I'm definitely running a ScrOG and fimming my plants. Going to veg for a little bit longer to really fill the ScrOG up and get the most out of it.

You’ll love it.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app