Light Meter

So I've done my test. Seems directly under the bulb at canopy level is about 50k and about 5 inches out its at around 59k. As I go down to my lower bud sites it gets down to 25k in some spots. I think I'll stick with the phone for now as it seems to be working OK. Even if its off a bit with accuracy at least it will help me manage better with placement. A bit of tieing down required today!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by midlifegardner

So I've done my test. Seems directly under the bulb at canopy level is about 50k and about 5 inches out its at around 59k. As I go down to my lower bud sites it gets down to 25k in some spots. I think I'll stick with the phone for now as it seems to be working OK. Even if its off a bit with accuracy at least it will help me manage better with placement. A bit of tieing down required today!

That's awesome mate. Do you know what a good range is? I've never looked into it as never had a lux meter lol what sort of phone did you say you used? I might try another phone, mines a Google pixel.

I've looked at the link Itchy sent. It had some good info as well as recommended ranges. I think for me it's a fine line between getting the lux you need and burning the tops. I lean more towards Indicas (right now Northern lights and white widow) and apparently can't push them with light as much as the sativas - makes sense considering where they naturally grow the best.

I've got a Huawei mate 10, I'm a recent iPhone convert and not going back :)

I've looked at the link Itchy sent. It had some good info as well as recommended ranges. I think for me it's a fine line between getting the lux you need and burning the tops. I lean more towards Indicas (right now Northern lights and white widow) and apparently can't push them with light as much as the sativas - makes sense considering where they naturally grow the best.

I've got a Huawei mate 10, I'm a recent iPhone convert and not going back :)

Bahaha as soon as I clicked on the link it immediately says it won't work for LEDs. No wonder.
  • Upvote 1