Light Meter

Does anyone use a light meter to determine how high off the canopy to place their hps light?

With my recent taco leaves I've downloaded a light meter app to my phone. I'll give it a whirl tonight and post results here. Seems like I've got a thick skinned back of my hand so for me that method doesn't work :)

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

yep i use a lumens or lux meter & def recommend everyone have one in there canna toolbox 

here's a good blog post on how & what they can be used for http://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

room reflection you can not see but plants def notice , watch the vid as she shows how movement of 

plants around your grow space can give your canopy a much more even coverage , when you know were light gathers in your space  

It's all good now..lights were too low earlier. Its a big room and got 800cfm in and about 1100cfm out. The rooms not custom setup for growing, just what was already there. Nothing over the light itself other than a small USB fan attached to the reflector and an oscillating office fan over the plants.

I'm curious about this because I started reading about optimum lumens etc. I've been going off distance but would like to measure the light output.

yep i use a lumens or lux meter & def recommend everyone have one in there canna toolbox

here's a good blog post on how & what they can be used for http://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

room reflection you can not see but plants def notice , watch the vid as she shows how movement of

plants around your grow space can give your canopy a much more even coverage , when you know were light gathers in your space

Thanks Itchy, I'll have a read. Can i ask what type of meter you have?

Will do tonight and report back. Maybe it's not so much to do with the app but at what upper point the phones hardware gives up.

Yup. That's exactly what I said lol I tried 2 different apps, the one you used being one of them and they both had the same results. Maxed out. Phones light sensor is not a good lux meter lol