..What are these little pricks..

Pretty cool gadget for photos like that.

If they are the only pests on your plants you are doing well. Just keep letting the good guys clean up around the plant before jumping on the pesticides too heavily.

Nice looking plant Bio. Outdoor plants usually shrug off stuff like this no?

Not sure if it is the silicas high ph that actually aids in emulsifying the neem or the silica itself. I believe silica and azadaractin do not play well together. Over a relatively short time the silica can render the Aza in neem useless......so I’m lead to believe.

Legend itchybromusic appreciate the help mate ill have to look into tonight..im really after a spray i can just add water to dilute and away i go haha..

Cheers Tru Blu all the info given is noted and thank all for the help/info..

Yer iv had a good look all over the plant and it seems to be fine but just can't take the risk after seeing them i better get onto it fast but not over board like said as it is a nice plant and don't want to loose out on it..

Thank's heap's again guy's top bloke's all ya..

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

No worries Bio 

good luck with it 

Pretty cool gadget for photos like that.
If they are the only pests on your plants you are doing well. Just keep letting the good guys clean up around the plant before jumping on the pesticides too heavily.

Nice looking plant Bio. Outdoor plants usually shrug off stuff like this no?

Not sure if it is the silicas high ph that actually aids in emulsifying the neem or the silica itself. I believe silica and azadaractin do not play well together. Over a relatively short time the silica can render the Aza in neem useless......so I’m lead to believe.

hey blu

haven't heard that B4 

you happen to have a link to that info by any chance 

if silica was a concern , the Saponins in aloe vera or soap nuts or yucca extract will emulsify oils

saponins are known as a natural insecticide

• Upvote 1

Hi itchybro,

I did a ton of research and playing around with neem oil ,bt etc last season. Seemed to be a lot more butterflies and moths about. Maybe I’m just more used to them know. Not sure.

Anyways....research and mucking around with different products does not an expert make I realise.

Nevertheless.

Most pesticides are best mixed at around ph 6.5 aren’t they? Pretty sure it’s the same with neem.

Liquid silica runs around 12. If I ph the silica down to a level that is recommended by the pesticide manufactures prior to utilising as an emulsifier it doesn’t work.

The neem stunk as a foliar anyway, Felt it was a bit of a giveaway in suburbia and opted for root drenches at 4ml /ltr instead.

Found a chart that showed the half-life of particular pesticides at varying ph values. Once ph levels were up in the high 9a and 10s some of these mixtures only had only a few minutes in them, I’m pretty sure Aza was one of these.

The attached has a throw away line about how to mix it. Far from the edu chart I was hoping to have found you. I have a short span of attention ;)

post-62971-0-33039000-1519553145_thumb.jpeg

Hey Pippin,

There is similar studies on the systemic effects of neem by way of root drenches, going on to indicate half life times of roughly 2 weeks in most instances.

Neem oil in recommended doses doesn’t increase the e.c of a mix. It acts as a tonic in a root drench. My plants didn’t mind at all. Maybe even loved it.

So in theory, you could time your last root drench to half life when the flowering stretch finishes, this way the systemic effect of the neem should protect the whole plant.

You’ll still have the odd bug though. And still no gaurantees.

Edited by Try Blu

cheers blu 

i'll have to do some reading 

i don't PH anything , in fact i rely on it 

i use EM-1 PH3.5 as a fortnightly foliar spray of beneficial's & to change the leaf surface PH

making it not hospitable to things like PM 

i've moved away from soil drenching neem & replaced with regular top dresses on neem meal = crushed neem seed after oil extraction 

keeping in mind not all oil is extracted , some is still left in the crushed seed , plus it's feeding soil life , protection & NPK

Just check out the charts and read the conclusion. Too heavy damn.

Soil drenching neem is not for the faint hearted. Not sure I would do it in colder climates regardless of what was happening.

Plus it’ cakes the inside of pipes and filters with rank smelling flakey......bluuuurrkkkkkk. I’m making myself sick ffs.

I’m giving the el natural approach to bugs this year........for the most part.

I agree that the neem tree and it’s products are good stuff.

yeah many things can be a prob in pipes ect , molasses can do interesting stuff in a rez & pipes 

everything is hand watered here or i'm using sips & filling the rez with water & EM-1 , interestingly 

EM has molasses in it but with the beneficial anaerobic bacteria in EM , keeps things in check 

does the same in soil as well 

when you talk beneficial soil life EM works like an organizer , in general microorganism life is 5% bad guys 

5% good guys & 90% are opportunistic & will follow & do whomever is in charge , good or bad 

EM tries to keep soil life balanced with good benne's , keeping the 90% on the path of good & not evil 

& ultimately becomes food for the life they organized  

plant health will go a long way to keeping you away from having to protect your plant against pest & pathogen 

cos the plant can do for herself , had to be able to protect herself or she wouldn't be here today , like all life really 

in a constant evolution