*Help me before my plant dies*

cool

both are really good as top dresses

just keep the top mulched so it stays moist

& the alfalfa & hemp seed meal get consumed

forgot to get some barley straw but I'll get on it, it's not top dressed it's just mixed fully through the soil, neem is my top dress I mix it into the top layer of soil I noticed that you have to mix it into the top or else it will form a crust layer and when you feed it it won't drain. Keeping the top wet will brake down the neem but I am using it to avoid fungus gnats will it still be active to kill them after it's been broke down?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

ok right , the top layer without a mulch to trap evaporation will get dry & crusty , 

once the neem is broken down / been consumed , it becomes readily available nutrients 

no longer having the protection power it once had as a raw ingredient , just plain weather will flush the goodness out of most things 

these are things you'll have to weigh up , i prefer to keep the soil active / alive , by having a thick mulch layer 

keeping it moist makes it a good environment for soil life , good & bad , what i rely on is the beneficial soil life out competing   

the bad guys , in general , that's how it works naturally outdoors , do i see fungus gnats , yes , but not in plague proportions 

i try to keep a pretty consistent IPM to help keep things in check , that doesn't mean i'm bug free , hopefully i'm just being proactive 

& not reactive to a pest 

i'd also say i think anytime i had a pest indoors , it came in on me or through un-protected air intakes