On a mish to find a good prepackaged soil

never used autopots but have used sip's 

the system i use has 2/3 peat & 1/3 50/50 perlite vermiculite soilless medium

to that i add dolomite for ph , more minerals 

a week after being transplanted into a sip 

i top dress with compost/castings & continue to do that monthly until harvested 

i also top dress a form of bokashi called grokashi every 2 weeks , it supplies all minerals 

for 10 to 14 days 

top dress grokashi twice a month with every second kashi top dress you add compost / food 

i also fill the rez in the sip with the same microbes in the grokashi on a daily 

same microbes again at 1/4 strength as weekly foliar spray  

& each week do a steeped tea out of the grokashi to fill the rez 

Doesn't the peat and vermiculite do the same job? i thought they were each used for holding water capabilities

looks like these tomato plants won't last much longer they are drinking about 375mls of water each pot each day even the smaller plants, the moisture matics are doing there job they seem to be a great product just mine are chewing thru the water i don't reckon i can use them in a grow room it would be no difference than hand watering every 2 days other than the water is more regulated and soil kept that perfect moistness maybe it would increase yield over hand watering i donno

i have a local supplier for the Blumats, i have read the Easi Oy Ya will still drip 500mls a week I'm assuming no matter weather the medium is dry or dripping wet

need to find a commercial supplier for the worm casting, i may go with Canna Terra, WC, Terra Nutes

this might help on why peat , peat vs coco , pros & cons https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/news/99806785-peat-vs-coco

if a plant can have constant moister ( feed whenever it wants to ) without being over watered 

it will def yield closer to it potential 

leave out the terra nutes & feed the soil , what do you think of this system https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system

feed the soil & concentrate on plant health , with that constant moister you'll do well  

I'm probably going to try the same mix i have in the far right pot in my pictures and i think i have been underestimating the MM's tomorrow morning will be 3 days since i filled the bottles, right now the far right plants water level is sitting at 50% so if i can get away with 6 days of topping up or at lease 5 days that is pretty good

when i bought the tomato clones (originally thought they were seedlings) they were 16cm i just measured the biggest tomato plant it is 43cm tall (27cm growth in 16-17 days)

if my tomato plants have toxic roots can i still reuse my watering device?

i think your talking bout the Deadly Nightshade family of plants , tomatoes , eggplant , potatoes & quite a few others including some weeds 

that field animals won't eat & berries that can look real attractive to kids especially 

i don't think there's a problem if running a living soil , many will talk about rotating crops each season for this & a few other reasons but in nature 

no ones rotating crops , what grew last year in this spot will come up next year in the same spot , & all the plant removed from the ground to grow last

season has , by the next season , composted back into the ground , nutrient cycling 

standard Ag is where crop rotation came from , when you start to add chems to a biological system , the system starts to collapse , all in the system 

support each other for a healthy living system , take portions away & the structure loose a leg & lets bad systems in 

side note , 5% of microorganisms are good , 5% are bad & 90% are opportunistic = they'll follow whomever is in charge , good or bad 

5 5 90 = bit like humans 

i wouldn't have a prob growing & composting plants of the deadly nightshade family but that is a choice each has to educate & make for themselves  

i'm also assuming the tomato you have is a eatable one & not a ornamental tomato plant 

there are lots of natures plants & compounds that could kill a human , 

Death cap mushroom anyone ! 

Yeah I'm not sure about it Itchy it says its poisonous to humans and animals that is probably why rabbits don't feed on it, it says if your poisoned u get a irritated throat and diarrhea i wouldn't like to see what happens if the canna was cross poisoned by using the equipment than smoked

i might just label the stuff i am using now and just keep it for tomatos