On a mish to find a good prepackaged soil

Today i picked up a couple bags of vegi and herb mix one was from a massive whole sale yard they had litterly tons and tons of soil, sand and everything else the stuff i got is prebagged in a branded bag which i can't show because this company is local to me, second bag is just a basic clear plastic bag with the small garden store branding

first bag i got was $7'

second bag in clear bag was $6.50

i think the second bag is going to kick ass its basically what they sell from the yard in the piles, i donno what to do for a 3rd and 4th bag i went to bunnings and all there stuff looked like cheap general baggaged shit, also donno about the bunnings seedlings they are all advanced almost into flowering so i may start from seed and pick 4 seedlings of same height an appearance

plan is to grow 4 chilli or tomato or cucumber plants just one type in 4 different soils to workout which one is the best for my next grow i can't grow for 2-3 months so i thought why not try some soils

i will also be testing the moisture matic self watering device to see how they work

I just ducked back to the garden store where i bought the bag of soil and checked out there seedlings they had much better products than bunnings, i gotta get some tags and another two bags of in house mixed soil if i can find any

seedlings are all the same height and breed

i have 4x 200mm pots for now

post-60076-0-06455200-1516423194_thumb.jpg

post-60076-0-03391300-1516423316_thumb.jpg

post-60076-0-68494200-1516423486_thumb.jpg

Not sure if i can add perlite the self watering device may run dry only read this this morning on the web site

Check that pot is not root bound. If pot is full of roots then water will run down roots and fill saucer. If this is the case then re pot using general purpose potting mix with the Australian Standard mark into a pot that is at least 25% larger. For example a 15 cm repotted into a 20 cm or larger diameter pot or 20 cm into 25 cm diameter or larger pot.

Wow that long lol i hear you though the good ol days are gettin further a further away, TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE as they say, make your own soil mix gaz i usually start with a good soil and add to it from there by adding compost, manure, worms ect ect this seems to always work well outdoors not sure about how its going to work indoors though, when i flip the light back on after outdoors comes off im still going to use this same organic soil mix and see how i go i recken

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app