Carbons No-Till Try Out

Had no plans to sell.

I kinda just jump into things. Hence all the spuds.

I even got more seeds, banana seeds going in tomorrow.

Banana potato. Yes. Fingerling variety like kipfler so don't need much space I'm hoping as I'm almost out of compost.

Plus not counting on any harvest till I get it. Heat is coming so possibly diminished yields due to that.

At least the beds get a "run in".

I have a few promised here and there and I should have a nice staggered harvest. In theory harvesting semi continuously from end October.

Spuds store well and I have space, some will be kept for seed.

I will eat many. Some friends and swap deals already done will use up lots too.

Despite all that yeah, in case it's better than I think, with all mouths filled I may check out a few markets and see what the go is.

Everybody says they love spuds but from what I can see, they ain't that common at farmer's markets due to space needed and time required.

Salad greens seems to be where it's at. Fuck that. Without a greenhouse. So selling ain't really high on my list.

Growing enough so me and the missus at least have some all year round would be good.

Just like homegrown canna tastes better than the pgr street weed and just like what you grow tastes better again, same with spuds.

Nutrient dense, healthy, non toxic with a killer taste along with that "I grew that" feeling vibe is hard to beat.

1 thing at a time. Read lots bout cunts fucking up cos they wanna grow a million things. That's true.

Everybody should set aside a30l pot. 3-4 tubers of Dutch cream will yield well.

Eat them. Then try go back to those supermarket waters tasteless shit.

Plus, spuds are legal!

Anything you grow is just practice!!

I could go on, I'll finish with saying everybody should grow spuds.

Bunnings stock em

Diggers

Garden express

Tas gourmet potatoes

Some randoms on eBay

Aldi

Bunnings and aldi are supplied by bloomin bulbs from Vic. Top notch tubers.

If they are sprouted that's good, otherwise sprout em.

Don't buy if they are funky looking with fungus or anything. They stay on the shelf a while sometimes.

Very rewarding plant to grow.

Massive seed, super vigorous growth.

• Upvote 2

Cheers Itchy

Yeah been a bit of work, even with mechanisation.

That big semi hollow trunk is about 3t I reckon.

Ol Betsy was on her knees

Been watching the moisture closely.

I have been watering daily but have actually dialled amount of water back a touch as the mulch does a great job.

Once mature they make a nice canopy to shield the mulch so it has not been as bad as I thought.

Yet to get proper hot though.

Despite that I have been surprised with the retention with mature plants.

Beds are terraced and increasing in length as I went down the hill to try to use every drop.

Not sure how the Blumats would go with a root crop. Probably encase in soil would help but may have to check no spuds grow beside it.

Saw a soaker hose could work.

Still like the blumats idea as a backup on a 100l res would be safest if I get a runaway. Even though I'd have to shade the res. Could go tap but won't turn off if it stays on.

I can run around in an hour with a hose and gets em done. Plumbed a hose real close and most beds are in same area. Good time for some 28 spot ladybug killing too. Check em etc.

It's not to late to plant spuds.

Only need 3 consecutive days above 6c to lift off.