Light cycles

I experiment with clones all the time.  Almost every time I prune my mothers back hard, I make clones as I like to try things I've read about.  I have tried a few different light cycles but there's never been any result that gives me a solid reason to move away from the standard 18:6 / 12:12 lights cycles.

Do any of you use an EZ cloner type system?   Being able to watch the roots grow indicates to me that the rest period, be it 6 or 4 hours, gives better results over leaving the lights on for 24 hours.   Checking the roots after six hours of light, vs checking the roots after six hours of rest is noticeably different.   I very much believe the starch/stored energy being consumed during the rest/night period works better than leaving plants under 24 hour light and not allowing this process.  Most of you would have seen a tired, wilting plant turn around over night before

If you have the means, everything is worth trying once or twice and then you just do what works for you, irrespective of what the literature might say. 

• Upvote 3

You wouldn't run clones 24 hrs, got no roots, got no need for lots of light

I do, but that's only because my timer broke and i haven't replaced it. Still, I see excelent root growth in 2 weeks using home made water bubbly cloner thing.. compared to rockwool under 18/6 which would take what seemed like an eternity for roots to appear.

Strangely enough I mostly do as well, haven't got a timer, this time of year I throw them in a pot of dirt and put them outside under me plants

Inside they take better with a bit of dark the first few days/week tho :4/20  6/18  8/16 10/14, take your pick 

I always grow 24 hrs, I might give them a rest if they look like they need it. off for 6/8 hrs maybe once/twice in the cycle

Always get roots the first week, even outside

Edited by pedro de pacas

As long as they are standing and green there is hope for cuts.

This is an old pic and can't remember exact age, but by development i think probably about 1.5 weeks... checkout the leaves that popped up in the rootzone! Under 24w cfl 24/0

attachicon.gifIMG_1615.JPG

WTF, first time I've seen anything like that

Is that a Ez cloner ? heard they're good