Light cycles

eyesonly, have you asked yourself that given this method is so old why so few cannabis growers use it? It's not that they don't know about it or haven't tried it.  Every few years it pops up again with a handful who like to think of themselves as 'pioneers' or 'forward thinkers' flying it as a banner. All I can say is don't believe everything you read. By all means try it for yourself or encourage others to EXPERIMENT with it but DON"T BE advising others who are relying on their grows for medicine to change their lighting to try it just because you read it's really good.

I'd love to see people playing with this lighting on the side for fun and experimenting. Who knows someone might find it benefits their setup. Unfortunately no one who comes here promoting it ever seems to want to do a grow with it though?? All they want to do is tell everyone what they have read about what a great method it is and now everyone should try it or they are just "flat earthers" or  "Neanderthals" if they arn't interested or dare to challenge any claims made about it.

Hopefully this thread will end differently to all the rest about 12:1 lighting.

• Upvote 5

It's a fair comment for sure.

As they say there's nothing new under the sun.

I'm figuring that no one who has an established method will even entertain changing it on a whim and that is absolutely understandable and logical even.

Remember that the question was about “wow factor” and I guess that's where the debate is.

Opposition based on preconceived ideas is detrimental to progress.

No one in their right mind should do this if they are not open to experimenting. The topic was about alternatives or options. It wasn't about trying to establish canonical laws of cannabis lighting.

• Upvote 2

Re leaving lights on 24 hours I was always told they need a little darkness to grow healthy roots...but I did 24hours a couple times and didn't notice much difference in terms of root development. One thing tho with the setup I had and time of year was that it was more work controlling temp with lights on all the time, not just more energy spent on the extra lights but also extra fans or on a few days even a portable aircon unit, and for all that extra energy it didn't seem to be a huge improvement over 18/6 ....but maybe not best setup (I'm more of an outdoor gardener usually)

I have also seen suggestion of starting at 24hours light and then dropping an hour every 2 days until you get to 12/12 ...not sure what the point of that was tho heh :-)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app