Heating a Grow tent in Winter

I didn't even think about humidity dropping with more heat .. does a wet towel do the job ? I've seen some members adding wet towels to their tents .. too much humidity , not humid enough ... Indoor gets way too complicated showtimes . Haha ..

285da0846d295d5001841e0343744103.png

I guess it's all worth it , in the end ..

Edited by Jim420

Get humidifier if u need it , soon as I took heater out of tent my plants went much better, had a 3 fin oil heater with adjustments , don't know if it caused all my problems, but was way harder to keep constant temps

Too many ups and downs

To be honest with I was using a 415w led when it started to get cold , put the heater in and has problems with rh, brought a humidifier and things picked up a bit, but was a constant battle trying to set the heater correctly and adjust humidifier when needed,after about a month went and Brought a few 600w hps,solved all my problems in one go , no need for the heater,my temps were good , left the humidifier in there and they loved it,gonna use the led if I do a summer run but in winter hps solves a problem like heat

Edited by micmac
  • Upvote 1

Do you guys think an oil heater might be a bit much ? They obviously mess with the humidity which isn't good .. like micmac said ; then you need a humidifier .. i think I'm gonna give my small tube heater a crack in my small tent, see how it does . Then make the decision for my big tent . Spring and summer are coming anyway so it gives me some time to figure it out ..

Do you guys think an oil heater might be a bit much ? They obviously mess with the humidity which isn't good .. like micmac said ; then you need a humidifier .. i think I'm gonna give my small tube heater a crack in my small tent, see how it does . Then make the decision for my big tent . Spring and summer are coming anyway so it gives me some time to figure it out ..

Oil heaters are good .

It's not a set and forget though. Especially now as the days and nights are warming .

If the humidity is too high then I will up my outlet fan.

It won't get perfection but helps to alleviate things.

But if you want consistency in your environment be prepared to outlay a few more dollars

not just in equipment but also in power bills .

• Upvote 1