Heating a Grow tent in Winter

Those temps are not a big fluctuation and well within range to grow good bud. Running constantly will use more power. Way more

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

wasn't suggesting something wrong with your temps FG 

just outdoors the natural environment doesn't jump 2 - 5 deg 4 times an hour 

& absolutely constant control costs $$$$$$$

wasn't suggesting something wrong with your temps FG

just outdoors the natural environment doesn't jump 2 - 5 deg 4 times an hour

& absolutely constant control costs $$$$$$$

Oh. Yeah it's too expensive. This method id tried and tested and works a treat. Summer is a different story thought. Cooling is a while new issue to do it cheap. Well for me at least. In an outdoor shed.

Oh. Yeah it's too expensive. This method id tried and tested and works a treat. Summer is a different story thought. Cooling is a while new issue to do it cheap. Well for me at least. In an outdoor shed.

i'm in a shed too , it's been turned into a man cave but still cooling is a costly issue to solve 

i like to keep temps 23-24c indoors , which is no prob in winter but my grow room becomes a light dep room in summer

not even going to try running indoor in summer  

you can get portable air cons which don't work IMHO , you can buy portable split systems you run flexible pipe though a

small opening in a window & the full window mount aircon which you need to be careful of light leaks with 

best you can do i think is plant trees around the shed to shade as much as poss cos tin + sun = oven 

I have a similar set up with a thermostat/ duel fan controller. I use the bar heater but have my fans running low constantly then blasting air at 22c. Rugs blankets ect on the outside have kept temps more consistent. I run a 400w for grow and in the middle of winter ( sth Tassie) have temps only around 20c, however i tend not to run the heater with lights on. Take note of outside ambient temps and adjust heater accordingly. Burnings used to sell little ones that were about 1ft tall. Cant find them anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935F using OZ Stoners mobile app

With the oil heaters that come with thermostats . Does that mean when it reaches a certain temp , it switches off ? They're actually cheaper than tube heaters . I'm gonna have the space for a 5 fin oil heater so thought I'd save some coin and not worry about the ink bird thermostat control .. maybe keep it for my small tent with the small tube heater . 222733024cca5b713a9922789cab4383.jpg

Yes Jim the oil heaters with a built in thermostat turn off once they reach the desired temperature then turn on again when temperature drops again. Look for a oil heater that uses the least watts, the range in power consumption varies a lot.

Thanks OMD, I can get this one delivered, brand new for $61.45. It has 3 different heating options . 400, 600, 1000w .. the tube heater I was looking at was $95 delivered . Thought this might be a better option for the big tent . (2.4x1.2x2)

e19e387202c15e15e58e2fd2a9be1c77.png

With the oil heaters that come with thermostats . Does that mean when it reaches a certain temp , it switches off ? They're actually cheaper than tube heaters . I'm gonna have the space for a 5 fin oil heater so thought I'd save some coin and not worry about the ink bird thermostat control .. maybe keep it for my small tent with the small tube heater . 222733024cca5b713a9922789cab4383.jpg

You'll have to sit in the grow room while its heating up or just outside and check what temp its at every 10 mins until it turns off and adjust as needed. If you buy a thermostat plug that you can set acutate temps with then no need to adjust. I put my heater on full and it turns off at 26 or what ever I set it too. Makes life easier. EBay has a good reptile temp and timer control that costs about 40 bucks and is great. Never had issues with it so far
  • Upvote 1