Heating a Grow tent in Winter

Agree with what SE mentioned, Though if you want to get a good grasp on what your setup is doing overall, grab a 5 pack off eBay or similar. That way you can see what's happening on the inlet/s, outlet/s, top of canopy, below canopy, above reservoir and so on. Once you put all that data down on paper you can figure out where problems with Temperature and Humidity may be. Then you can you can go about trying to remedy the problem. This way eliminates a lot of guess work and helps in dialing in your setup in good time.

For $45 you can have something like this on your doorstep within a week. eBay Listing - 5X DIGITAL LCD Hygrometer Humidity Meter Tester REPTILE Temperature Thermometer

EDIT: I'm not sure if this model records minimums and maximums, but you'll want to get some that do. That way you can record the info over a day, week, month or however long you may require.

Edited by Indycar

Thats the same heater im looking at buying jim and its good having all those different heat settings/wattage's, im thinking the lowest setting would be all that's needed to heat the tent.

I think it'd do the job . I have space for a house fan , this heater and maybe some kind of small dehumidifier .. hopefully it's as simple as dialling in the temp and leaving it be .

just keep in mind gents 

of the environment up & down that a thermostat provides on a unit that's perfect size or too big

maybe it's a better to choose something just a lill under for the job so it just stays on constantly 

& not on off all the time , giving you a more constant environment 

consistent temps also mean consistent power bills 

but i'm not sure how much you actually save by a thermostat clicking on & off in a grow room over 24hrs

just an opinion 

You'll have to sit in the grow room while its heating up or just outside and check what temp its at every 10 mins until it turns off and adjust as needed. If you buy a thermostat plug that you can set acutate temps with then no need to adjust. I put my heater on full and it turns off at 26 or what ever I set it too. Makes life easier. EBay has a good reptile temp and timer control that costs about 40 bucks and is great. Never had issues with it so far

Got one of those but I'd rather have the thermostat on the actual heater . 36f0afbb99641325eec609b82f1d22f4.jpg