Bogan's backyard!

very cool , love to look see

Hey AB

sorry i missed your post

i had a skim though

just some thoughts

i noticed you said you larva rock or scoria as we know it

that's great aeration to have though your mix , gives a home for benne's to live as well as aerating the complete hole when mixed though

personally i wouldn't put stones in the bottom , would rather have more mix / plant - benne food , but each to there own , either or

if your making a compost hole to plant into you can pop down to the local health food store & pick up some

dried herbs pretty cheap , lookup what herbs are used in making biodynamic compost & mix them in

go to a brew store & get some rice hulls , very cheap carbon source , works as aeration but will break down & add

silica as they do

benne's can be helped to kick on with plenty of rock dust , i use a healthy quantity of basalt rock dust in my mixes

& along with the rock dust , calcium = oyster shell flour , dolomite , & also gypsum , handy the ol gypsum in flower

add sulphur , which will help add to terpene production

the longest to build are fungal communities so the more you can help that the better , wood / straw are good for

fungal growth in a compost pile

sorry if i'm repeating anyone else's info & not reading the thread completely

No worries itchy, I love the info! It's gold! And even better itchy, I understand now lol and the slang haha... Always a good read with your info! And cardrona too...

Thanks for taking the time to help the community! [emoji16]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

This plant will eliminate your need for any purchased nutrients ....forever 

And it is about $5

But be careful where you put it as once its in the ground you wont get rid of it .....it is a nutrient miner ...it scours the ground and stores it in its leaves as a quick soluble form

Just cut the leaves and place them in a bucket of water ...it does stink as they rot so keep it away from winging noses ..

Use it as a diluted tea.

This is a wonder fert ...and is also called knitbone.....It will heal a broken bone in half the time then if not used ...anyway another post seperate time..

Watch read these vids ...once  you have it all you need isa 2cm chunk of root to divide it and give it to a friend . 

Jack has many good vids on setting up stuff around your farm and a good podcast of many topics ...yes he isnt aussie but still good info 

Robbob is in Brisbane and has a great series on aquaponics wicking beds and general vege growing ...great aussie 

These will set you on your way .....you dont need to buy stuff ...only once ...i reckon this would work indoors too 

• Upvote 2

Comfrey 

attachicon.gifcomfrey-russian-4--9-months-old-from-small-roots-400.JPG

Once it is growing well you can cut it really hard in you want and remove everything you wont kill it ..new leaves will be back within the month 

You dont need more than 8-10 leaves per bucket 

good stuff mate 

& if you give comfrey roots a bit of a touch up the plant will go bananas 

def a hard plant to kill once up & going , what is it again cardrona Bocking 14 cultivar or something  

you can also ingest comfrey , many swear by it & other say it's dangerous 

so do your research if your considering , i never have myself 

also adding tree mushrooms to compost piles are also another way to build fungal mycelium

i think from stoner mem , many edible tree mushrooms are considered medicinal 

& of cause whatever you can grow in your backyard can be used in one way or another 

to put back in the ground what was once there 

for anyone considering growing this way , i would say this , 

cos i heard it the other day & like it ,  :P

Some Of The Best Things In Life 

Are On The Other Side Of Fear ! , Will Smith 

• Upvote 1