Tunkers DWC produce project.

Timing is everything with plants ...it is getting cold on the gauge now

Look at this site and put it in your email ...they dont send trash only a planting reminder every 1/4.

Great handy site

I have used it for decades

You will only get good results with planning and timing and repitition

http://www.gardenate.com/zones

I like! [emoji16]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Another tip:

And you should know if you dont ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbitaceae

Cucumbers or that cucurbit family have male and female flowers like herb ....so ...more cucumbers for eg ......need pollinating...encourage bees and plant some flowery annuals near by and dont stress about ants they will help you.

Seriously best free fertilizer and guaranteed results a

....ash and q'  e..s

Another tip:

And you should know if you dont ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbitaceae

Cucumbers or that cucurbit family have male and female flowers like herb ....so ...more cucumbers for eg ......need pollinating...encourage bees and plant some flowery annuals near by and dont stress about ants they will help you.

Seriously best free fertilizer and guaranteed results a

....ash and q' e..s

Yeah had no idea haha guess I should learn more before I plant my next veg
  • Upvote 1

White and yellow butterflies here they are a pain in the bum but I've had broccoli survive an invasion just be sure to you have got all the caterpillars out,there hard to see because there the same colour as the broccoli, I harvest them and leave them in a bucket of water for a while this gets most of the caterpillars out and washes it at the same time,nothing worse than hooking into your dinner and realizing that you've eaten the other half of the grub you just found lol trust me,good luck with it

• Upvote 1

White and yellow butterflies here they are a pain in the bum but I've had broccoli survive an invasion just be sure to you have got all the caterpillars out,there hard to see because there the same colour as the broccoli, I harvest them and leave them in a bucket of water for a while this gets most of the caterpillars out and washes it at the same time,nothing worse than hooking into your dinner and realizing that you've eaten the other half of the grub you just found lol trust me,good luck with it

Good advice ....the last few decades i have tried everything ...

The best things have worked as a combo of all..

Companion plant ..dont just have a long row of one species whether its cabbage or broc or cauli etc...

Over plant ...seed is cheap .....you only plant a few you will only harvest less..

More more more seed and seed is cheaper and will grow way quicker than bought seedlings.

Have a dish of beer or some old 8 inch pots laying around next to them ....come out early in the morning and collect the snails up that will sleep in there overnight if you have a snail problem.Or after a light shower .walk out in the rain and step on them...certain plants will be the hideout for snails/slugs...aloe vera was mine.

You can get from bunnings a spinning white butterflies on a stake contraption ...they are territorial so when they see the fake ones they usually move on .they work for a while ...not fully though ...

Get some of the fine flyscreen size mesh blanket ..cover the crop or build a mobile cloth house to place over them if you really are getting smashed .

And the best thing i did was encourage willy wagtails they help get them for you.

And the last best thing is

Plant some perrenial kale intermixed through your garden. ...and let them lay eggs on it and smash it ...give them something to get ...or have a host pest plant ...you will find things like that and or all will work .

Besides the caterpillars you allow to grow make good fish food for your aquaponics.

You will never totally get rid of them but if your armed ready ...you will get way better results and well get to atleast harvest something

Edited by cardrona