Tunkers DWC produce project.

gday tunks, like ur setup u got going there [emoji106] im interested in doing something similar to this in the future. what pump and air stones/diffusers u using? and they r getting the same amount of sunlight as they would be if they were in soil, but grow quicker? cheers

gday tunks, like ur setup u got going there [emoji106] im interested in doing something similar to this in the future. what pump and air stones/diffusers u using? and they r getting the same amount of sunlight as they would be if they were in soil, but grow quicker? cheers

Haven't grown these in soil so wouldn't know if the growth is any faster / slower. I just like the idea of chucking it in a bucket, adding powerfeed and letting them go until water change needed. It's just a 4 outlet aquarium air pump and an airstone in each bucket. They live in the backyard getting whatever sun is coming. Never knew coriander grew a thick stalk like this one but again I've never grown it before lol
  • Upvote 1

I reckon u will need some sort of black out setup over the lids of ur buckets or u will have algae problems

The coriander is so thick at the base it won't let light in. Not sure about the cucumber but I can easily put a collar around the base. Haven't seen any algae issues with my buckets except for when I put my basil in one without an airstone (was a bit lazy and slack) it is on the rootrot mend now. Cut off most it's roots and am nursing it back to health
  • Upvote 1

Haven't grown these in soil so wouldn't know if the growth is any faster / slower. I just like the idea of chucking it in a bucket, adding powerfeed and letting them go until water change needed. It's just a 4 outlet aquarium air pump and an airstone in each bucket. They live in the backyard getting whatever sun is coming. Never knew coriander grew a thick stalk like this one but again I've never grown it before lol

did u start with seeds or cuttings?