Help needed, root rot problem im sure! all info supplied in thread

If it was a quick flush for just one day maybe it's ok but to leave it in the res for a period of time sounds like a concern

Possibly the silver stays localised ...at the roots ..Because spraying just one branch won't affect others as it stays

within the sprayed branch.

Something to think about anyway .

STS = Silverthiosulfate.

hmm there about 4 months old, 5 weeks into flowering.

im going to empty my res and clean it out and refill with fresh nutes. is this my best approach? to get rid of the Coloidal silver? and what chances have i got with this stuff turning my plants male with it only being introduced to my res tank and not foilar sprayed? also with the root rot, im left with no h2o2 and nothing you guys have recommended on hand....i might goto another shop and try get some h2O2 %50 if i can....whats everyone think? btw my buds are fattening up still and im pretty happy with my cop its just i know there is a root rot issue.....i want to stop it from going any further....as stated above iv used h202 %6 already with little to no affect.....

i do have some 160 oxygen i could use for now?

hope that helps, cheers guys

When you say the 6% didn't work, how did you come to the conclusion? Rootrot is not a quick fix problem. It's fucking near impossible to get rid of. When I had it I was adding h2o2 every couple of days and continuously changing out the res and cleaning everything with h2o2 and it still got the better of me. Read up on c2o2 and how long it's effects last, you'll find just adding it and hoping problem solved is not the case. That's why I use Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser. Add to each new batch and I never worry about pith or slime. Good luck dude

If it was a quick flush for just one day maybe it's ok but to leave it in the res for a period of time sounds like a concern

Possibly the silver stays localised ...at the roots ..Because spraying just one branch won't affect others as it stays

within the sprayed branch.

Something to think about anyway .

STS = Silverthiosulfate.

cheers mate,

When you say the 6% didn't work, how did you come to the conclusion? Rootrot is not a quick fix problem. It's fucking near impossible to get rid of. When I had it I was adding h2o2 every couple of days and continuously changing out the res and cleaning everything with h2o2 and it still got the better of me. Read up on c2o2 and how long it's effects last, you'll find just adding it and hoping problem solved is not the case. That's why I use Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser. Add to each new batch and I never worry about pith or slime. Good luck dude

well i still had older leafs starting to misform, change colour/loosing colour, going yellow etc, also the tips looks burns, leafs curling up and down still....

ok ill look up the Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser, thanks, also i just got some %50 C2o2 from another store. ;)

where do you get the Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser from? i cannot find it anywhere in oz...

Edited by medicalgrower

cheers mate,

well i still had older leafs starting to misform, change colour/loosing colour, going yellow etc, also the tips looks burns, leafs curling up and down still....

ok ill look up the Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser, thanks, also i just got some %50 C2o2 from another store. ;)

where do you get the Z7. 2 part enzyme cleanser from? i cannot find it anywhere in oz...

I had to get it on eBay from a us seller. It's not cheap either. Brand is called Flying Skull Edited by Tunkers

I had to get it on eBay from a us seller. It's not cheap either. Brand is called Flying Skull

okay thanks mate, are there any other products i can source in oz that are like this? and will stop root rot from getting any worse? besides the %50 H2O2 im using! i feel i need it sooner rather then later, the root rot is just getting worse. im into my 6th week of flowering and there a 10 week flower. it would be a shame to have to pull 1 early because of this root rot issue.

cheers

okay thanks mate, are there any other products i can source in oz that are like this? and will stop root rot from getting any worse? besides the %50 H2O2 im using! i feel i need it sooner rather then later, the root rot is just getting worse. im into my 6th week of flowering and there a 10 week flower. it would be a shame to have to pull 1 early because of this root rot issue.

cheers

Honestly if you can't at least control the rot by cleaning with h2o2 it's probably a lost cause. It literally kills all bacteria. Do you have pictures of the rot to have a better idea of how bad it is?

Honestly if you can't at least control the rot by cleaning with h2o2 it's probably a lost cause. It literally kills all bacteria. Do you have pictures of the rot to have a better idea of how bad it is?

only just started using the %50 so lets see what happens now!

no pics atm but i can tell you the roots are brown brown but are not dark or smelly or slimy that im aware of..

I know bugger all about silver other than its used to feminise seeds..BUT after your post asking about it I thought I had seen it written on my filtration system . http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/cartridges/

Maybe I don't need to chlorinate as much as I have been. But I will still use H2o2 in my res as it evaporates out . 

When I use H2o2..When its Hot and my res temps are bit high .

As a steriliser the day before Nutrients are added and plants go in .

If I see any issue on my Roots ( advantage of no medium ). In it goes .

I know bugger all about silver other than its used to feminise seeds..BUT after your post asking about it I thought I had seen it written on my filtration system . http://www.bestwaterfilters.com.au/cartridges/

Maybe I don't need to chlorinate as much as I have been. But I will still use H2o2 in my res as it evaporates out . 

When I use H2o2..When its Hot and my res temps are bit high .

As a steriliser the day before Nutrients are added and plants go in .

If I see any issue on my Roots ( advantage of no medium ). In it goes .

cheers mate thanks for this info.

im interested to hear what method of growing do you use with no medium?

the reason i ask is, im using a ebb and flow/semi dwc system atm and have 27 litre buckets full of medium, for faster growth etc iv decided to go full out with a RDWC on my next run, iv been panning on using 1 or 2 litre net pots with clay balls as the medium as iv seen this is how most dwc systems work. however im keen to know how do you grow without medium? can it be implemented in a DWC system? keen to hear about it mate!

cheers

cheers mate thanks for this info.

im interested to hear what method of growing do you use with no medium?

the reason i ask is, im using a ebb and flow/semi dwc system atm and have 27 litre buckets full of medium, for faster growth etc iv decided to go full out with a RDWC on my next run, iv been panning on using 1 or 2 litre net pots with clay balls as the medium as iv seen this is how most dwc systems work. however im keen to know how do you grow without medium? can it be implemented in a DWC system? keen to hear about it mate!

cheers

The basic's of mine.. Its a clone machine . Lots and lots of air, lots of mist and a shallow well one plant pot x 2 now. I used to clone( neoprene now)/ germinate in small rockwool blocks and transfer into 50mm witches hats the roots grow down over net baskets in the well. So the micro sprays work like NFT, the well and airstones works like a aero ..Pictures to come once I scan some and add it to my grow diary .( when they were all new and sparkly not 20 years of fade) . 

Edited by Traviss