Help needed, root rot problem im sure! all info supplied in thread

I know you can use silver to turn female plants male. Coloidal silver and Silver Thiosulfate contain ionic silver. Not sure I'd want to be using silver around plants I didn't want pollen from though because of that. But yes silver does help keep water clean. I hang silver spoons in my water tanks.

:peace:

ohh really....thanks for this info, now im worried my plants might be affected. i used 150ml of Coloidal silver in 50 lites in my res, its been in there for 11 hours, im hoping my plants dont start turning male because of this!?!??

im going to do a nutrient change with a flush now to clean that out of the system, is there anything you can recommend to help me on my way to bringing these ladies back to full health?

hmm there about 4 months old, 5 weeks into flowering.

im going to empty my res and clean it out and refill with fresh nutes. is this my best approach? to get rid of the Coloidal silver? and what chances have i got with this stuff turning my plants male with it only being introduced to my res tank and not foilar sprayed? also with the root rot, im left with no h2o2 and nothing you guys have recommended on hand....i might goto another shop and try get some h2O2 %50 if i can....whats everyone think?  btw my buds are fattening up still and im pretty happy with my cop its just i know there is a root rot issue.....i want to stop it from going any further....as stated above iv used h202 %6 already with little to no affect.....

i do have some 160 oxygen i could use for now?

hope that helps, cheers guys

Edited by medicalgrower

Don't panic ....It won't turn your plant male by flushing,

Turning them to male is a different process by spraying the leaves for a couple weeks .

okay no problems thanks so much for keeping me calm, lol ;)

yeah i read about spraying them!

So can i run this stuff in my res without any issues? and does it do all the goodness Maximium yeild claims it does? they claim it kills over 600 things, root rot is one of them among alot of diseases plants can have. cant remember what they all were, but yeah they said how good it is for growers, but they failed to mention about the bit how if u spray your plants with it they turn male!

Edited by medicalgrower

ohh really....thanks for this info, now im worried my plants might be affected. i used 150ml of Coloidal silver in 50 lites in my res, its been in there for 11 hours, im hoping my plants dont start turning male because of this!?!??

im going to do a nutrient change with a flush now to clean that out of the system, is there anything you can recommend to help me on my way to bringing these ladies back to full health?

Should be OK med, as SE said coloidal silver needs to be applied a fair few times to work unlike STS which only needs 1 application normally. I've never put it into the res before though so don't know if that will turn them male the same as spraying the leaves does. I'm assuming it would though because the plants would absorb the silver via the roots I'm thinking thus my wariness about using it but I might be wrong. Next time I make fem seeds I'll try it and see.

:peace: MongyMan

Should be OK med, as SE said coloidal silver needs to be applied a fair few times to work unlike STS which only needs 1 application normally. I've never put it into the res before though so don't know if that will turn them male the same as spraying the leaves does. I'm assuming it would though because the plants would absorb the silver via the roots I'm thinking thus my wariness about using it but I might be wrong. Next time I make fem seeds I'll try it and see.

:peace: MongyMan

okay, thanks mate.

yeah well from what Maximium Yeild were saying its really great for plants and if mixed in the res. Its a wonder no one else knows much more about this topic?

id love to hear from others experience with this product? also whats STS stand for?

If they say it's good for roots then why not give it a try ,..I doubt it would hurt them .

yah true, but id like a few people to confirm it wont turn my plants male being used only in the res again. as you know theres always a possibility it could! i need more info about it before i use it again! i can only find on the net how it turns plants male not how good it is for them. mabye i need to dig deeper? hehe

Edited by medicalgrower
  • Upvote 1