Help needed, root rot problem im sure! all info supplied in thread

ok you done the big flush and were giving them alotta love with lots of water and yeah brown roots generally mean they have been deprived of an oxygen supply, this is no surprise.

i have a 10 way high pressure air pump hooked up to 4 large ball air stones. 1 air stone in the bottom of each nutrifield tub where the roots are. the only time they were not getting enough oxygen when the temps raised to high at certain times....leading to root rot i presume.

also i have to ask i am only running the air stones in my grow tubs and not my res, i thought because i have so much oxygen running through my 4 grow tubs i don`t need any in my res, i`m beginning to think i need a air stone in my res too yeah? no matter how much air is being put into my tubs that flow back to my res?  *unsure*

Edited by medicalgrower

ever since the root rot problem (2 weeks ago or so) i noticed my seedings started discoulouring with slow grow, some growth is very dark while other bits seem ok, other seedling look like there sucking the nutes outa there leaves......im sure its also root rot that has been passed on.

iv tried everything on them and i have even dosed them with the H202 %6 they are in 1 litre net pots with clay balls and are still on there 4th lots of leaves etc....atm there not growing much if not at all.....is there a different process to try cure my seedlings? also th sedling are just under a normal fluro atm i did have them under a CFL 130watt, also running a very low ec no signs of nute burn. my ph is 6.2 for the seedlings. i also have them on a heat mate atm.

Edited by medicalgrower

Im on rain water / Tank water sometimes Dam water .

I have to use a disinfectant like Pythoff and H2o2 or at worst pool liquid chlorine or root rot sets in fast. 

I use pythoff in my room storage tank after its been 2 stage filtered ( whole house system) ,then H202 in the res to be sure .

Pythoff and my drinking water disinfectant are the same stuff so its safe to drink ,But I still filter it with a 0.5 micron particle and a 0.1 charcoal and then another 0.5 charcoal at the kitchen sink for consuming. 

Im on rain water / Tank water sometimes Dam water .

I have to use a disinfectant like Pythoff and H2o2 or at worst pool liquid chlorine or root rot sets in fast. 

I use pythoff in my room storage tank after its been 2 stage filtered ( whole house system) ,then H202 in the res to be sure .

Pythoff and my drinking water disinfectant are the same stuff so its safe to drink ,But I still filter it with a 0.5 micron particle and a 0.1 charcoal and then another 0.5 charcoal at the kitchen sink for consuming. 

okay this is good info here thanks mate, even for rain water ran off a tin shed would i still need to disinfectant the water before i use it? as u mentioned?

also how about tap water does that need to be disinfected?

Edited by medicalgrower

okay this is good info here thanks mate, even for rain water ran off a tin shed would i still need to disinfectant the water before i use it? as u mentioned?

also how about tap water does that need to be disinfected?

I would disinfect tank water for sure. tap water domestic supply is chlorinated but can still have fine sediment so worth putting through a filter . 

My house now has a first flush bypass, pre filter and Then a whole house 2 stage filtration . and I disinfect once a year when it gets low and we are away for a few days. 

I got caught out when I moved back to the farm from town supply, Very old uncleaned tanks, dirty gutters and fuck nose what else .. The plants started to yellow in the growing tips and looked sick the roots looked brown and slimy I got advise and used Pythoff and saved them but had to start the veg all over. . And Ive kept a clean water supply since without issue. All water for my room gets disinfected in its own tank just to be sure. This is for Hydro recirculating so a lot easier for pathogens to take hold.. HTH

I would disinfect tank water for sure. tap water domestic supply is chlorinated but can still have fine sediment so worth putting through a filter . 

My house now has a first flush bypass, pre filter and Then a whole house 2 stage filtration . and I disinfect once a year when it gets low and we are away for a few days. 

I got caught out when I moved back to the farm from town supply, Very old uncleaned tanks, dirty gutters and fuck nose what else .. The plants started to yellow in the growing tips and looked sick the roots looked brown and slimy I got advise and used Pythoff and saved them but had to start the veg all over. . And Ive kept a clean water supply since without issue. All water for my room gets disinfected in its own tank just to be sure. This is for Hydro recirculating so a lot easier for pathogens to take hold.. HTH

cheers thanks mate, i just got some %50 H2o2, OxyPlus its called, will this do the job without the pythoff?

i forgot to mention the reason i got the %50 today is because im still noticing the root rot affecting my plant(s) a few buds are a little yellow on top of the new growth etc....some leafs are still having issues etc. also growth is still slow on 1 plant that is showing the yellowing at the top of the buds.

Edited by medicalgrower

cheers thanks mate, i just got some %50 H2o2, OxyPlus its called, will this do the job without the pythoff?

i forgot to mention the reason i got the %50 today is because im still noticing the root rot affecting my plant(s) a few buds are a little yellow on top of the new growth etc....some leafs are still having issues etc. also growth is still slow on 1 plant that is showing the yellowing at the top of the buds.

Thats what I use in my Res.. 

okay, will Ionic Silver fix root rot ? iv heard it will. ionic Silver doesnt affect the good stuff and is not poison

and id prefer to use that over h2o2 as its alot safer. any opinions?

i took the h2o2 back to the shop as it was leaking and leaked all over me...it was a dodgy bottle...

so im looking for alternatives like Ionic Silver...Maximium yeild has a huge article about the benifets of it being used in growing. it can stop root rot and alot of diseases etc without destroying anything.

Edited by medicalgrower

okay, will Ionic Silver fix root rot ? iv heard it will. ionic Silver doesnt affect the good stuff and is not poison

and id prefer to use that over h2o2 as its alot safer. any opinions?

i took the h2o2 back to the shop as it was leaking and leaked all over me...it was a dodgy bottle...

so im looking for alternatives like Ionic Silver...Maximium yeild has a huge article about the benifets of it being used in growing. it can stop root rot and alot of diseases etc without destroying anything.

I know you can use silver to turn female plants male. Coloidal silver and Silver Thiosulfate contain ionic silver. Not sure I'd want to be using silver around plants I didn't want pollen from though because of that. But yes silver does help keep water clean. I hang silver spoons in my water tanks.

:peace:

• Upvote 1