GLR - Does anyone use this light schedule?

Typed both those names into members list and got nothing[

quote name=Ford Fairlane" post="502983" timestamp="1488882192]A couple of members here used this method a few years back if you want to see results.

Search for member Aunty Norm and I think the other guys handle was Hot Rod

Sorry SE I did not spell them correctly.  here are a couple of threads

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/75378-greetings-from-the-garden-shed-12-1-and-monster-cropping/

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/47748-the-cheeezzzzee-platter-anyone/

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/38766-12-1-good-or-no-good/

• Upvote 2

This is the first i have ever heard of this interruption, you'd think its a wise tale from an old green thumb that use to check on his plants once in the middle of the night by turning a light on.... lol

but lets keep this real and within check...

what if that 1 hour is mimicking the moon over someones back yard on a full moon, possibly the whole idea may have gotten lost by adding sumpliment dim lighting to a grow area like a small CFL and not actually turning on the HID grow lights?

this could play a role in this process....

the whole earth, moon and stars had caught my eye at one point with the Almanic charts for fishing, the moon plays a important role on wild life i think it may do the same with plants also...

When we grew outdoors for years, we learnt to ALWAYS plant at full moon. It made a real difference. And my grandfather who was a farmer, always planted according to the moon schedule, too. Swore by it.

Because I've been considering sativa strains I think this GLR or 12:1 system is a winner.

Equatorial regions reknowned for their sativas have roughly 12 hour day and night throughout the year so it's not far off a natural cycle for them.

What I wonder is about the “stagger” that is described on some websites and youtube on this.

This extra bit breaks the daytime into 15 mins light and 45 min darkness for each hour over the 12 daylight hours.

So that means the light is on only 4 hours every day or 24 hr period.

Apparently that's all it takes to stay in vegetative mode so that could be a routine for mother plants.

What I am wondering is whether the “stagger” of say 30min on and 30 min off for the daylight hours will lead to actual growth in the vegetative state. ie. is around 7 hours of light total per day delivered like this enough to grow the plant?

It's the sort of experiment I'll definitely try if I can get one grow out of the way first.

Hey Tunks,

I used the 12/1 method in veg this last round in an effort to save power costs, I am now 16 days into 12/12 and things are going along nicely.

I didn't notice any increase in veg time and the plants seem very healthy, vigorous and happy to me. The stretch has been normal also,  I guess we will know if it affects my yield in a few more weeks and I am looking forward to experimenting further. 

Cheers