16/17 outdoor pic dump thread

Got to love Perth weather. I had a bad growing season as I went on holidays for 3 weeks over jan and my watering system failed me.

I was going to give up but had a late change of heart. This is shark shock cbd, sprout popped up on 10th feb making it just over 7 weeks old. Nothing considering the froth worthy plants in previous posts but not bad for a very late season grow.post-60039-149102706106_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Cheers, full organic in a super soil mix, watered with a worm tea, seasol concoction and every time I see flowering starting I always push frozen mulies/pilchards in the soil around my plants,so I gave it a good chance to get as big as possible in a short amount of time. Will post an update in a few more weeks.

looks great rake & good size pot too 

crustaceans are a good soil amendment or top dress 

do you know what chitin ( kite-tin ) is , found in crustacean shell 

great to add for plant health 

PREVENTATIVE PEST CONTROL using chitin and chitosan
Like I mentioned, chitin is found on the outer parts of fungi and bugs. Some plants use this to their advantage.

They have receptors that sense chitin. When the plant detects chitin (especially in high concentrations) it assumes

that it is being attacked by either an insect or a fungal disease. The plant will ramp up its defenses. It will thicken

and strengthen its cell walls. If it can, it will start making chitinase.

read on : http://www.rollitup.org/t/chitin-chitoson-and-chitinase.604708/

good luck mate , look forward to your updates 

• Upvote 2

looks great rake & good size pot too

crustaceans are a good soil amendment or top dress

do you know what chitin ( kite-tin ) is , found in crustacean shell

great to add for plant health

PREVENTATIVE PEST CONTROL using chitin and chitosan

Like I mentioned, chitin is found on the outer parts of fungi and bugs. Some plants use this to their advantage.

They have receptors that sense chitin. When the plant detects chitin (especially in high concentrations) it assumes

that it is being attacked by either an insect or a fungal disease. The plant will ramp up its defenses. It will thicken

and strengthen its cell walls. If it can, it will start making chitinase.

read on : http://www.rollitup.org/t/chitin-chitoson-and-chitinase.604708/

good luck mate , look forward to your updates

Wow thanks for that link itchy, definitely learnt something there.

maybe I was on the right path I just needed a little direction. I'm going for a walk down the beach soon, coming back with some crab [emoji886]

both for the pot and the worm farm :-)

• Upvote 2

Wow thanks for that link itchy, definitely learnt something there.

maybe I was on the right path I just needed a little direction. I'm going for a walk down the beach soon, coming back with some crab [emoji886]

both for the pot and the worm farm :-)

cool

yep crab can become the calcium amendment in your soil mix = calcium carbonate 

crush it up , can even put in a coffee grinder for a more powder like input if you like , crushing is good enough  

2 birds one stone 

• Upvote 1