I prefer to run a mum but when it comes to getting ready for flowering, I will clone her... keep the clones as mums and flower out the old mum after they root.

Always take 2-3 clones each strain so you don't get caught out... then whatever is left over goes in the flower tent.

I have spoken to people about genetics getting weaker after each cloning.

But don't forget the basics.... you are cloning,

You are taking a part of a plant and making it root....genetics of the clone are an exact replica of the mother... it's part of it.

It's not breeding.. There are no generations to cloning as nothing changes and no genes are added or taken away.

There is always debate in this topic.

I had one guy try and tell me that his weed was getting stronger the more he cloned.haha

Will not happen.

Clone only is bullshit. Does not exist.

If it can flower it can breed.

:peace:

Nibs.

Edited by The Hash Nibbler

Maybe not so wise hermanian. lol

You May Get A Slight PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE But The GENETICS Are IDENTICAL.

Maybe some breeders can weigh in on this. There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to cloning.

I have heard heaps of old wives tails, some people honestly believe they are gospel.

It's OK, remember. .... no matter what you wish or desire the plant to do..... it is still bound by the most basic of nature's laws.

Peace.

Nibs.

Maybe not so wise hermanian. lol

You May Get A Slight PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE But The GENETICS Are IDENTICAL.

Maybe some breeders can weigh in on this. There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to cloning.

I have heard heaps of old wives tails, some people honestly believe they are gospel.

It's OK, remember. .... no matter what you wish or desire the plant to do..... it is still bound by the most basic of nature's laws.

Peace.

Nibs.

That's what he said a slight physical difference in looks only, NOT DIFFERENT GENETICS. I should have been more specific.

Edited by hermananian
  • Upvote 1

Thats what he said a slight physical difference in looks only, NOT DIFFERENT GENETICS. 

to many variables indoors to be able to say that's true 

temps , humidity , light ( nu lamp ol lamp ) , nutes , mums age , the grower ( U expert Me Dumb Arse ) , could be all diff from grow to grow 

you & i could take a clone each from the same mum at same size & height on the plant & both would produce something

not the same at the end , close but not the same , variables 

if you watch that vid he talks about taking cuttings from diff heights on a mum

to many variables indoors to be able to say that's true 

temps , humidity , light ( nu lamp ol lamp ) , nutes , mums age , the grower ( U expert Me Dumb Arse ) , could be all diff from grow to grow 

you & i could take a clone each from the same mum at same size & height on the plant & both would produce something

not the same at the end , close but not the same , variables 

if you watch that vid he talks about taking cuttings from diff heights on a mum

Good video, you might be right, I use sog and have always noticed differences in my plants from the same mother on the same table under the same light, though only small differences I always put it down to what I had been told. Though maybe it is positioning on the table, or other variables.

Edited by hermananian

Good video, you might be right, I use sog and have always noticed differences in my plants from the same mother on the same table under the same light, though only small differences I always put it down to what I had been told, the guy who told me cloned for a living also. Though maybe it is positioning on the table, or other variables.

all of the above i reckon 

what your mate says could be true , just no way of telling without a controlled environment like a lab & multiple grows in there

but what would that all mean in the real world of day temps over 30 & nights under 10 today & tomorrow different 

i'd say environment makes the biggest changes to a plant , higher altitude canna to lower altitude canna , very different plant

what would happen if you took a low altitude plant & grew it at altitude , it would suffer but if you kept making seeds the plant

would adapt & change to it's environment over the generations , some are even calling for a re-vamp , for that reason , of the

hemp , indica , sativa , ruderalis labels , saying these names aren't accurate to the history of the plant 

have no idea myself but if you say sativa we all know what your talking about so don't how that'll go 

Edited by itchybromusic