docs liquid carbon

cheers especially fergy much help indeed, i also seen the c02 for fishtanks on a website they look very interesting to say the least, and if docs liquid carbon lives upto its name and is available somewhere in oz it sounds like a great substatute, and alot less messing around with equipment, ive only got the 1 plant left in the room so i dont know if co2 will help it much ? maybe run one or two 2litre bottles of c02 in the room ? might produce just enough for 1 plant. going to try the yeast sugar and water method tonight. 2 cups sugar , 1 tablesppon of yeast and fill upto where it starts to curve on the bottle with water, i think that was the formula have to check up on it tho.

maybe run one or two 2litre bottles of c02 in the room ?

It may help. worth a shot anyways. lol

I would put the container on the floor and use a piece of airline to push the co2 bubbles just above the plant.

Make sure it doesnt get blocked in anyway too, if it does the bottle might blow up and pop.

Glass is always better and you can use a beer bottle.

Take it easy on the sugar, and make sure you add more sugar when the bubbles slow down.

I wouldnt do anything too extreame, until you have more than one plant just incase shit goes wrong.

http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_co2.php

Material for the bottle:

1 two-liter plastic bottle (with plastic bottle cap);

1 thin plastic tube (the kind used in tanks with air pumps);

1 airstone (optional);

Aquarium silicon sealant.

Procedure: Make a hole in the bottle cap, such that the tube squeezes tightly through it. Insert the tube until it´s about 3 cm below the cap, and then spread silicon around the hole to seal it. Let it dry for a day. The plastic tube should be long enough to go from the bottle position down to the gravel in the tank. Put an airstone at the end of it if you want thinner bubbles.

Material for the mixture:

1 teaspoon of yeast;

2 or 3 cups of sugar;

½ teaspoon of Baking Soda;

1.5 liters of water (preferably filtered and free of chlorine).

Procedure: Completely dissolve the yeast, sugar and baking soda into the water. Pour it into the bottle and seal it well. The production of bubbles will generally begin in an hour or so. A well made injector will keep producing bubbles for about 10-15 days.

Hmm I never have used the baking soda?? Im not sure what that actually does. I know you dont use it when you make beer, and its basically the same process?

cheers ferengi i might just skip it this grow and use the info and equipment for the next one only got a few weeks left anyway and will be flushing in a week or two. i heard it wasnt real good to run c02 with only one plant this isnt the reason for not running it though, im just gonna leave everything for now on this grow and and wait till the next one..