I flew up to Cairns one time, it was after 9/11. A couple of days later I reached into my pocket and pulled out a baggy which had around a gram in it. I then remembered putting it in the pockets of those pants ages ago.

So completely unawares I walked through airport security etc. without any hassles.

We had a huuuuuge sesh before we left, and had to sit around and wait in the lounge while her flight was slightly delayed. So, being stoners, we got some munchies for the wait. Sitting around talking, and a customs bloke comes walking past, eating his sandwich and leading a beagle along. This dog got to about 5 metres away from me, and it lifted it's head and made a fucking beeline for me. Those things are like mini steam trains mate! Lucky old mate was eating his lunch, he looked over at me, saw that we had food <_< And dragged the dog back. Phew!! This dog had to be dragged away, literally!! I must've reeked of MJ, I know I did!! Tell ya what, I shit fucking bricks :shock

But you had nothing on you right? It's not illegal to use cannabis, only possess it, right? You could be stoned out of your gourd, and smelling like it, but if you're not in possession of cannabis and you don't admit that you used it, you should be fine. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any laws against use, just possession.

But you had nothing on you right?  It's not illegal to use cannabis, only possess it, right?  You could be stoned out of your gourd, and smelling like it, but if you're not in possession of cannabis and you don't admit that you used it, you should be fine.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any laws against use, just possession.

Na Niall your right there is no law specificly starting that it is illegal to be under the influence of marijuana unless you are driving or working ect in which case you could be charged with DUI or OUI which is operating under the influence , it was a law passed a while ago to stop people from being on anythng whilst working with heavy machiniery or in a situation that puts others at risk ect

some drugs you can be carged for being on , halusenegents carry the potential charge of attempted suicide and narcotics I think you can be charged for too , Mj not being eigther of those it is excepted

Hallucinogens carrying a potential charge of attempted suicide? And narcotics? I beg to differ though pure, I'm fairly sure being under the influence of anything, (unless you're doing something dangerous, which is a different story) is legal, so long as you don't harm anyone.

Niall is right I think, it's not illegal to be under the influence. If the arresting officer had a really bad day, and really wanted to screw you over, I'm sure they could make some kind of charge stick, but AFAIK, it's not illegal to be stoned, just illegal to be in possesion of certain substances which will make you stoned. Once they're in your system, unless there are specific laws against certain levels in the blood, like alcohol, it shouldn't be illegal. <_<

All IMHO of course.

Luke it is actually an australia wide thing, and many places in the world for that matter being Under Lsd-25 , Magic mushrooms , DMT , salvia , mesciline ect all can lead to a potential charge of attempted suicide, that is not saying that allot of cops are going to knwo what your on to be able to charge you but acourding to the law that is what they can potentialy do ,

it has allot to do with the whole scare thing behind people flipping out from it and ending up in looney bins, they are also all toxins which in higher doses ae deadly

being a cultivator of fungi and an ex devoted tripper I have made myself aware of the laws around and AUS and as wrong as it sounds that they can do it it is a fact and they do charge people with it, I belive there is a guy in NZ who is being or was charged recently with it because he was naked on his roof with a rolled up news paper thinking he was a pirate at sea

I don't belive they count weed as a halusenegent where the law is concerned that is why it has it's own clasification of " illegal vegitive matter"

as for the narcotic thing , there is a physical document the law goes buy that lists ALL narcotics I have to go get my flat mate now but will reaserch the name when I get home , Marijuana was never added to that list and therefore was never officialy made a narcotic , instead was called "illegal vegitive matter "

there is a section all about it in the book plants of the gods if your interested having a look

It is an international treaty can't remember the internation treaties name but it is all based off the harrison Narcotics act in drum rol................................ the USA <_<

The punishment is dependent on the country ofcourse but Australia happens to be very harsh to trippers

But you had nothing on you right? It's not illegal to use cannabis, only possess it, right?

To the best of my knowledge, in NSW if you admit to smoking (within the NSW jurisdiction), you could be charged with use. In response to the question "Have you been smoking pot?" It is always best to say something to the effect of "Officer, I was warned about the dangers of drug use when I was growing up" - doesn't matter if they believe you or not, it's a good way out as you don't actually answer the question rather make a statement, this way you can't be accused of lying to a cop. If you admit to previous use outside of the jurisdiction of NSW police (say Canberra for example) there is nothing they can do.

In relation to cannabis in NSW I think it is illegal to use, possess, cultivate, manufacture (not just in the case of hash & oils, but cookies as well), supply, conspire to supply or cultivate, drive under the influence of, possess a bong (as opposed to other styles of waterpipe or smoking device), sell a bong, and possess an implement used for the purposes of smoking indian hemp (any pipe that has been used before, new clean pipes OK but not bongs).

In relation to the original thread, I would never carry in Airports these days - they come under the jurisdiction of the Feds, as do seaports - be careful seeing friends off on a cruise ship (a lot of people forget that one). I think good old Aussie Post is the best option for small quantities or organising to score in the new town before you leave homebase.

I belive there is a guy in NZ who is being or was charged recently with it because he was naked on his roof with a rolled up news paper thinking he was a pirate at sea

::): :B): ::D: ::o: ::P: ::P: ::(:

Omg i fell off my fucking chair thats FUCKIN' hilarious man

:thumbsup THAT GUY IS A LEGEND

YAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR