Making it go further - supply stress

Myles Highman

Question

High everyone,

Please excuse me if this isn't the right section to post in. I am such a hopeless newbie, I dunno what I'm doing.

I am so thankful to discover that using a bit of weed every day helps my illness immeasurably - heaps more than some of the awful pharmaceuticals doctors have put me on over the years. I've been having a toke for just over a year now and I'm in my late 30s - early 40s.

I've been getting stuff from a mate and he's been awesome and stacks helpful - but I worry about leaning on his stock too hard. He never charges me.

I'm learning more about growing my own, but my current real estate situation isn't conducive to a grow room - and waiting for bush harvest doesn't help my medium term lack of stuff problem.

So I was wondering a couple of things:

Firstly, how to make the stuff last a bit longer. I don't toke heaps, but even a 1/4 cone a day soon knocks over a small stash. I take it straight and I am very reluctant to use spinner - it's been 14 years since I quit tobacco and I don't fancy getting hooked on that crap again any time soon. But does spinner help it go heaps further? I mean do you get the same benefit from half as much weed and some spinner? I suspect not. And I am concerned about getting hooked on nicotine again, although I miss the flavour and aroma of Bank. ;)

The other thing, and I am embarrassed and really hesitate to ask, is where does a lonely unwell bloke get stuff? I really don't want to deal with anonymous "dealers", I've seen an advert on CList but I'm too panicky to phone them. As you might have guessed, my illness and social avoidance means I don't have a big circle of friends.

Sorry for the lame-arsed questions. Hopefully soon we will be through our mortgage/real estate stress and maybe even in our own place again and I can share heaps of great grow stories. But right now that seems a lifetime away and it brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks and please PM me or put me in my place if needed,

Myles.

• Upvote 1

Hi Miles, both valid and good questions imo.

People i know who use spin, actually use MORE cannabis than me, I believe this is because, firstly, they do not get as good a hit as me, because a portion of their cone contains tobacco, whereas mine is all green, So they need to smoke 2 cones to my one. Secondly, although loath to admit it, they are hooked on the spin and have cones, just so they can get a tobacco hit. i see no benefit, medical or stash saving from using spin.

regarding where to get it, if you cannot grow it, stick with your mate. Even though he wont accept cash, perhaps there is something else you could do for him to show your gratitude. Him giving it to you carries the same risk level as him selling it to you, or working out a contra deal. You could buy his next load of nutes for him maybe.

Hi Myles Ford has some good ideas re your mate I am sure he would be into it. I have smoked for over 40 years but my lungs are now rooted so I chew small pieces of bud, it lasts 10 times longer, an ounce used to last me a few weeks now it lasts months. I also take it as a tea drinking the dreggs as well of course.

The amount I use of my favorite strain is about a quarter of what you would use in a one skin joint, of course this depends on the potency of the buds, I find indica/ sativa crosses work well for me.

The effect lasts ages, it takes about an hour to come on but lasts 3 to 4 hours plus.

I have found as with smoking some strains are heaps stronger than others when chewed. Some strains are downright shit when ingested.

On the other hand I have a few that are heaps better ingested than when smoked.

I am sure with a little experimentation you will find a strain that works. Good luck.

Tangwena

• Upvote 1

You should look into eating it in edibles. Its a bit of a process but you use WAY less than smoking for a much better /longer result.

I have been using it to control my Bi-Polar and PTSD for a few years now and what I do is...

I vape at 186c to get the THC high to control my depression and make me eat. Then I use the remains to bake with as

it contains mainly the CBD and CBN that is helpful in bringing down my Manic periods.

You know it works, find out Why and improve.

Lots of great information here from some very knowledgeable folks so browse the edibles forums.

• Upvote 2

You should look into eating it in edibles. Its a bit of a process but you use WAY less than smoking for a much better /longer result.

I have been using it to control my Bi-Polar and PTSD for a few years now and what I do is...

I vape at 186c to get the THC high to control my depression and make me eat. Then I use the remains to bake with as

it contains mainly the CBD and CBN that is helpful in bringing down my Manic periods.

You know it works, find out Why and improve.

Lots of great information here from some very knowledgeable folks so browse the edibles forums.

Do you know how much AVB you would use in a "dose" ?

I find it depends on a couple things....The Bud you start with is the main thing (I grow a strain called "Narcotherapy" I got a while) but any mostly indica strain seems to work for me.

186c seems to leave my AVB light brown but some I tried recently from a different source went dark brown at same temp as it was a bit old and dried out.

I try to get 1g to 1.7g of my grow (light brown AV) per dose for about 3 hours of medication. I always take with milk so the fats help with digestion.

If its dark brown 1.5g to 2.3g.    

If I make Capsules its 00 sized caps holding 0.75g of fine ground so normaly take 3 - 4

If making caps with coconut oil and lecithin  1 - 2 (the lecithin makes it absorb into the system faster)

But these doses took a couple months to figure out for me and everyone is different .....  so hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

No I just use it as vaped.

At 186c I am well passed the 157c melting point of the THC molecule but still under its destruction temp.

The carbon/oxygen molecule sitting at 90 degrees from the THC and stops the substance from crossing the Blood Brain Barrier is removed (De-Carboxilated) quite early in the melting process but if I wanted the rest of the HIGH from the remaining THC and wasn't after just the STONE from the CBD/CBN I suppose 20min at 200c would convert the rest.

Its just that when I am manic the last thing I need is to get high. lol ;)

• Upvote 1

Wow. Thanks for the great replies everyone.

I tried vaping but the vape was a real cheap shitter. 

My totally awesome mate had some more go for me. And a bit of resin.

Fuck me blind. I got so hammered on not very much at all tonight. Wow. Whatever strain it is. Like Wow! Wipeout!

I feel so much better now. Sweet Mary Jane. I love being in Colorado, British Columbialand!

I love my new bong. It's a colossus! Ozbongs rocks!

Wow, I started writing a WW2 thriller novel. But in facebook. What the?

Tojo may have never made it to Darwin, kids. And Tracy might be angry. But Like Wow, Wipeout! I have to grow.

Anyway, that's enough of my madness.

Does anyone else feel compelled to video themselves when high so they can document the experience?

Wow man. I'm as baked as a caramel slice.

Item nine. It's the beez kneez man!

http://youtu.be/oTk4E62UIUY?t=1m9s