Vertical Growing

would be great to see another coli grow thread and good to have one here as I don't think any of the Ozstoners have actually tried it yet ( corect me if I'm wrong)

I think the colli system is a fantastic way to grow if you where a comercial grower , instead of a warehouse you could stock up 4 or 5 coli's and be setup in a basement or celar in the burbs and no-one would no the difference , however if you where to be caught with a system like this in Australia you would undoubtably, be looking at a comercial charge.

They dont need to be aeroponic, you can use a medium like 70/30 perlite/vermiculite. Then you water the plants every couple days, plus you can leave the medium in there. I know people who have had the medium in the coliseum for over 2 years, without changing it.....Using a medium (DTW: Drain to Waste) is a super method of using the coliseum, I know guys who have never grown before using the coli DTW and still getting 4lbs out of it....

Hi all.

I am vertical and loving it! I have 9 NFT gullies, three elevated per side and 3 in the middle laying flat. All are 10ft L & 6 in wide with 9-12" between potholes. Pump(s) run 1 min on and 4 mins off so power use is kept low yet the plants have fresh nuts and air 24/7. The amount of light that's captured vertically is truly amazing. CMH bulbs positioned vertically outperform them all. My set up can be elevated to the light so single colas are the size of a womans calf and very dense. The systems a breeze to clean and easy to DIY. Supporting the girth is a bit of a challenge but the yield is spectacular. Vertical systems should be more popular? Enjoy the ride,

Hi all.

I am vertical and loving it! I have 9 NFT gullies, three elevated per side and 3 in the middle laying flat. All are 10ft L & 6 in wide with 9-12" between potholes. Pump(s) run 1 min on and 4 mins off so power use is kept low yet the plants have fresh nuts and air 24/7. The amount of light that's captured vertically is truly amazing. CMH bulbs positioned vertically outperform them all. My set up can be elevated to the light so single colas are the size of a womans calf and very dense. The systems a breeze to clean and easy to DIY. Supporting the girth is a bit of a challenge but the yield is spectacular. Vertical systems should be more popular? Enjoy the ride,

Pics please :)