Outdoor mother plant

i have seen it done Ford - kept in a pot outside in summer and brought in to a sun-room over winter.

No extra lights but sun-room was part of the house so was kept pretty warm.

Guy eventually got sick of all the winter months she was sitting inside doing sweet FA (except being a legal hazard) so he chopped her, but she definitely went 2 seasons, i think maybe 3

Cheers Choofy,

how did she go through flower?

*edit, he would have kept her in veg inside, just by using the flouro lights in the sun room.

Did have to chop her back much?

*edit, well that relates to the first question

Mine is in the ground, and has been for the past few weeks. Not looking to unhealthy for something that has been getting nailed by chooks (the male got crucified today, hopefully he managed to spread some pollen), in the shade and completely neglected.

Edited by Ford Fairlane

she'd been tipped a lot….was that ball kind of shape, about 3 foot wide/ high…her shape didn't seem to change much

the room did have a flouro! But i know he didn't use the light to keep her in veg. If it happened that way, it was accidental.

had no problem flowering and at the end of the season he took the buds, left the branches

long time ago & i didn't know enough to ask the right questions. But the impression i got was that her growth was ALWAYS slow (i guess a fair bit of energy wasted transitioning in and out of flower) and he decided that it was just as easy to get a new plant up to scratch over spring, without having that extra risk over winter.

i still know the guy btw. Happy to run any questions by him if you like.

Anyway, nice one mate. Hope the weather holds out for you. Could be a big summer!

Alright, so here is the boy HK#4. Destroyed by the chooks

post-44235-0-64482500-1409285934_thumb.jpg

And here is the girl. So we will see what happens with this one. She is in a fairly shady spot so will hopefully stretch and blend in with the garden. I am not interested in harvesting anything other than clones off her next year. So will be interesting to see what happens. The days are getting longer now, so will hopefully see her reveg in the next couple of months.

post-44235-0-70597300-1409285951_thumb.jpg

Edit: she has also been chewed on a little by the chooks and whatever other bugs and things are in the garden. It has cost me nothing. she gets the runnoff from the plant in the fridge and is planted in a fairly rich mixture of canna terra, chook poo and hay fromthe chook shed, that has been composting for about the last six months or so.

:yinyang:

Ford

Edited by Ford Fairlane

may need supplemental light added to increase light hrs to around 16hrs and it should reveg, I only ever done it indoors, does work but very slow to reveg and results were not great. but good luck with it, hope it works.

Thanks Sol, those plants got eaten by the chooks unfortunately. However, I have repotted and put out my indoor HK from this years grow, will see how it goes over the next week or so, but so far, she is looking ok, starting to throw some new leaves now.