Hydro shop etiquette

i fixed your neg rep, i love talking about it with my hydro shop guy, hes a great guy and its one of the only chances i get to talk about my favourite hobby

hey forgetiwashere yeah im the same its great to talk face to face with someone bout growing i think its great. my mrs hates me talking bout growing she cant stand it lol

Hey stix, I find advice more forthcoming in chat. You can give a better description of the issue. But in the end, nobody can pin point an exact answer most of the time. I had an airflow prob recently and got loads of advice, both in chat and in the forum, nothing about airflow, but it helped me think through the problem until i worked it out myself.
  • Upvote 2

why dont you belive me? he was a mod here 6 years ago he still pops in time to time to have alook around but no very often.

Because, I rarely believe anything I hear/read....

If I did, your idol, Nibbler, would have caused me to make a great fool of myself many times in the past.

But this is so far off topic it's not funny. :offtopic:

As for the topic at hand, I don't like to talk about what I'm growing or why I'm buying whatever it is I'm buying.

In fact, we will be finding a new store soon as the new owners (one of them anyway) of the store we used to frequent is too damned nosy for her own good.

Why am I buying such n such? Because I chose to come here and give you my money instead of ordering online. Now mind your own damned business and take my fucking money woman! >:(

Honestly, my personal opinion, keep ya damned mouth shut. Loose lips sink ships. :x

The first rule of grow club is DO NOT TALK ABOUT GROW CLUB!

But hey, that's just me.

You grow, your life, and you have the freedom of choice. ;)

What Frankie, Ford, and Zen said are spot on too! :good:

I'd figure out what you want to buy, go in pick it up and leave. Good hydro store owner won't pest ask u what u are growing

Be sure to pay in cash. The very first time I ever went to my local, was to buy a pH tester, I went to pay with a card, and was advised against it.

Don't tell your left hand what your right hand is doing. The less people that know for sure what you are doing the better. ^^^^ As stated above, use only cash. If you have problems, post here, there are plenty of people that have been growing for years to offer you all the help you need.

Just my two dollars and fifteen cents worth. ^_^

:freak:

Lenny

i dont think my local hydro store guy is a moron in fact i highly respect him hes a great guy and his store isnt oriented towards weed growers at all, he doesnt grow he doesnt even smoke but do you think he is soooooooo stupid that he cant tell which of his clients are growing weed and which have giant farms of hydroponic lettuce? no in fact i suspect he can tell exactly which growers are growing mass amounts of commercial and which growers are legit small cupboard growers for perso just buy there nutrient choices etc.

i respect his intelligence and we get along just fine. he might not grow weed but he knows where his money comes from. loyal customers. also he likes to get feedback on products and that sort of thing it helps him give better advice to other growers when they come in, he wouldnt be able to recommend products etc if he didnt talk to his customers about there grows.

although i will admit its a case by case thing, you dont just walk into a hydro store and say you want to grow big fat buds you feel the place out and talk to the owners etc and get to know them before you actually come out and say it although they probably had you picked the moment you walked in the door lol

conversely i would feel really bad about a store if they were open about it the moment i walked in too, i have in fact walked out of shops because of that and never gone back, those places are usually not where you want to do business IMO.

• Upvote 4

Because, I rarely believe anything I hear/read....

If I did, your idol, Nibbler, would have caused me to make a great fool of myself many times in the past.

But this is so far off topic it's not funny. :offtopic:

As for the topic at hand, I don't like to talk about what I'm growing or why I'm buying whatever it is I'm buying.

In fact, we will be finding a new store soon as the new owners (one of them anyway) of the store we used to frequent is too damned nosy for her own good.

Why am I buying such n such? Because I chose to come here and give you my money instead of ordering online. Now mind your own damned business and take my fucking money woman! >:(

Honestly, my personal opinion, keep ya damned mouth shut. Loose lips sink ships. :x

The first rule of grow club is DO NOT TALK ABOUT GROW CLUB!

But hey, that's just me.

You grow, your life, and you have the freedom of choice. ;)

What Frankie, Ford, and Zen said are spot on too! :good:

Just my two dollars and fifteen cents worth. ^_^

:freak:

Lenny

i know it gone off topic you write back is that so ? come off very rude lenore  like im lying / talking shit what would i gain from talking shit i talk the truth and be honest gets you further in life ect. i have to talk to my guys outside of here bcause some folk here dont wana chime in when other aint doin to good. and i reckon theres to many parnoid folk here thinking evey man and dog is out to dob you in i hardly see any gain from a hydro store owner dobbing people in for growing they would all go out of bussiness very quickly. yeah i talk about canna with my local and that is my bussiness and my own problem if shit goes south. and i talk to  another older bloke from another store that eat hash evey night to get some sleep from a horrible truck accident. like i said earlier i didnt read the thread title properly oops

Edited by Stix87

you asked is that so like im lying / talking shit

(snipped as best I could given the lack of punctuation)

Again. Is that so?

I'm amazed that you know exactly the tone in which I 'spoke'. I inferred no malice in my words, nor did I make any indication toward thinking that you were lying.

I in fact found the statement quite interesting. I still don't believe most of what is said by most people.

It's all good guys, don't stress, plenty of good info. Thanks. On a similar note, I noticed Bunnings have a few of the big name nutes now like Canna, Dutch Master and Ozi.

say what?  Canna nutrients at Bunnings, lucky bugger 

Um yes, say what?! Since when?! 8s

I know three stores in SEQ that don't. :( They are all my closest stores too. Double :(

But they DO stock most of the stuff I do use anyway. ^_^