1st grow, indoor tent in soil. Few beginner questions

Great information guys, thanks for your posts.

I have not heard of CANNA TERRA and it does seem to be available in Australia. Will research this more. (Man it is cool being in an OzStoners forum where the advice will likely be local!)

Someone also recommended SEARLES potting mix.

I am getting a few suggestions that more or bigger fans may be needed. My budget is right on the limits so maybe as an upgrade or I can source some stuff 2nd hand.

Billygoat, a lot of the shops have higher prices than what i see from online places, I have not gone into the shops to discuss it but generally I seem to see cheaper stuff online so far.. but the point about having a place to take back something not working is a big one.

CookieMonster420, thanks for all that great info. Those strains sound fun :) I have heard a few people say that coco is easy but others tell me soil is more forgiving.. I just think soil 1st few tries then bump the operation up to a hydro thing, which I am totally keen on trying!

Thanks for the info again everyone - Its_Always_420

If you are going to do the buying online. Do it in stages. Buy the components a couple at a time, it takes longer but no internet flags will be raised that could lead to a police visit. A few people have been busted by the laws set in place regarding hydro buying online and reporting to the cops. If you are in Melbourne, a shop named Melbournehydro sell Canna Terra for $40 a bag. Cheapest I have found this year. I have been paying $50 where I live (rural NSW) the country sellers have us by the balls when it comes to hydro shops.

Edited by brick

Go to ya local landscape supply place. They usually have good quality soil for heaps cheaper than the bag shit at Bunnings.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

From my experience most veggie soil/ top soil sold by landscapers is generally just a lot of sandy soil with a bit of organic matter thrown in, not structured at all, organic matter breaks down quick leaves you with a lot of sand. 

From my experience most veggie soil/ top soil sold by landscapers is generally just a lot of sandy soil with a bit of organic matter thrown in, not structured at all, organic matter breaks down quick leaves you with a lot of sand.

Not my local. They have 6 different types of soil in big bays 2 of them are just shit top soil but the other 4 all look quite good.

Soil co gold blend is what I use with a few other things added.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app