Chlorine and Chloramine Clarification & Removal Tips

i've read you can use humic acid to Safely remove / tie up chloramine from tap water but can't find it at the minute 

& you can get humic & fulvic acid from your own compost bin by slowly running X amount of rain water though

X amount of homemade compost , the dark liquid that comes out is humic & as it lightens that's fulvic 

Just Found This 

Just add any organic matter like molasses or fulvic acid in small amounts and you are good to go

The chloramine works on the organic matter converting it to a form that can be off gassed rather quickly

FromMicrobeOrganics.com "One must, of course use water which is free of chlorine/chloramines.

This is easily done by putting a bit of molasses, ascorbic acid or a bit of [vermi]compost in ahead of time,

which neutralizes these oxidizers." Not only that but when we use lots of organic soil the mulch layer

should filter the water just fine so long as your water isn't crazy toxic. So, couple tablespoons molasses

or the regular manufacturers recomendation on humic or fulvic.

any organic matter will work, I'm pretty sure you could use an old shoe, just go with what works best... maybe float barley

straw or use molasses by the barrel..... but also, I think a mulch layer should solve the problem and the chloramines won't

be an issue. Also, Reverse osmosis is a waste and is not good for chloramine removal.

Edited by itchybromusic

man my r/o use to lose like 3-4 litres for every litre of r/o water. such a wastefull process thats why i dont use it anymore that and im having great results with my tap water.

from what im seeing people take the whole chlorine thing too far. if my water was shit and like 1 ec i would use r/o otherwise just use tap IMO.

as you know itchy i been doing lacto etc, well all that stuff i have been using straight tap water with chloramine with no treatment, even when i collected my lacto from the air i just used plain chloramine tap water. the truth is chlorine is unstable and gas's off quickly, chloramine is more stable but as soon as you add a sugar source it breaks down into chlorine which gas's off.

so when i added the rice water the process began and by the time the bacteria wanted to colonise they had no problem whatsoever. every step of the process i used water straight from my tap with no noticeable efect on the bacteria. take from that what you will. i know i will get flack for posting this but it is what it is.

man my r/o use to lose like 3-4 litres for every litre of r/o water. such a wastefull process thats why i dont use it anymore that and im having great results with my tap water.

from what im seeing people take the whole chlorine thing too far. if my water was shit and like 1 ec i would use r/o otherwise just use tap IMO.

as you know itchy i been doing lacto etc, well all that stuff i have been using straight tap water with chloramine with no treatment, even when i collected my lacto from the air i just used plain chloramine tap water. the truth is chlorine is unstable and gas's off quickly, chloramine is more stable but as soon as you add a sugar source it breaks down into chlorine which gas's off.

so when i added the rice water the process began and by the time the bacteria wanted to colonise they had no problem whatsoever. every step of the process i used water straight from my tap with no noticeable efect on the bacteria. take from that what you will. i know i will get flack for posting this but it is what it is.

That pretty much sums up what i posted above " any organic matter will work, I'm pretty sure you could use an old shoe "

yeah wasteful water that's why i asked , wasn't sure how much you loose , 50% is bad enough if it's more like 80% ,

that's to full on if your tap water is not that bad but can understand the need if tap water is not good