Chlorine and Chloramine Clarification & Removal Tips

Your definitely lucky to have water that clean, at least in the sense of not having heavy metals etc.

I'd like to know what TDS it would be but needless to say you are in the minority being someone with great tap water, enjoy it.

When you say you would like to know what TDS it is what do you mean exactly?

Do you mean it would be ideal if pegz had a more accurate way of measuring the ec as you don't believe the true ec to be zero?

Naycha :peace:

When you say you would like to know what TDS it is what do you mean exactly?

Do you mean it would be ideal if pegz had a more accurate way of measuring the ec as you don't believe the true ec to be zero?

Naycha :peace:

Well for general use an EC meter is fine, don't get me wrong. But yes just so that he's not under the false impression that his tap water is truly zero I thought to make known that there are minerals that are not conductive.

I confused myself a bit on the standards, coulda sworn I had a TDS meter that didn't rely on EC... can't find info on hand atm

Edited by ConvexConepiece

go to thailand i get sick everytime i go so sick im to scared to fart haha. thats what untreated tap water will do to us u cant eat or drink evrything just comes straight out. but in saying that i used to be a plumber and the pipe work for our water supply is not very good either. damned if ya do damned if ya dont on this subject sorry all no winners today.

i use the fish aquarium stuff to kill chloramine chlorine and ammonia not sure if it works but its cheap for a bottle last along time and my mind thinks its ok thats the main thing haha

Edited by grow for me

ffs..... just let ya water sit for 24 hours before ya use it and the chlorine will evaporate. It's not that hard.

I live where theres only bore water and I can tell ya more people get sick drinking un-treated water than from drinking chlorinated water.

Untreated water can carry anything from aemebic menengitis to hepatitis and every bacteria inbetween you can imagine.

Maybe back in caveman days water was safe to drink untreated, but even they had to find a clean fresh flowing water source. Not so easy these days.

Even then, one dead animal pollutes the water source..... you in big trouble......

CC mate, you bring up a good point about Beneficial bacteria and growing, some people also try and use beneficial bacteria in aerated systems which will kill it as well. Sure someone will find out they need to remove their chlorine in a Bacteria based system from this thread.

:peace: Nibbler

hi mate,

just in regards to you using bore water, i only have bore water myself and was wondering if you have had any problems with dramatic PH and EC changes?

im on my first grow and only just starting to experience problems and am wondering if its the boe water i use? ours is totally drinkable and can be bottled it is 5.6 PH and 0.3 EC from the tap.