Have you tired their Jack, Louise?

That Jamaican Pearl looks very nice BTW, its on my list.

Only the more indica leaning phenotype, excellent smoke, dripping in resin, but not so much of the soaring sativa high of the sativa leaning phenos. Don't get me wrong, it's not a heavy indica dom stone... it bounces around the head a lot more than that :D

As to buying seeds, I haven't been prepared to risk that sort of coin on a reseller. I got burned by a gypsy once on some very expensive seeds and I am twice warned. I'll wait until I am in Amsterdam and can buy guaranteed fresh seed at a considerably lower price.

Back to your original question... you know I think you are looking at sativas the wrong way. That cerebral trippy high comes at a cost... longer flowering time, less manageable plants for indoors and a lower gram/watt than you will get with an indica dom under your lights.

Now rather than scouring catalogues looking for a sativa that behaves like an indica, how about buy a real sativa... my money would be going on Silver Haze#9... germinate the seeds in a 12/12 light cycle and keep them there to the finish.

This will solve your stretch problems and still fill the cupboard with with lovely hazy goodness in the same sort of time you would spend vegging and then flowering an indica dominant strain.

Thinking further about that... a 5 pack of Silver Haze#9 (#9 is the fem version) and it will only cost you around the same price as a 10 pack of Jamaican Pearl which is a regular strain.

Dollar for dollar, I'd go with SH#9... slightly smaller yield than Jamaican Pearl but a real set up as far as the product is concerned.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 3

germinate the seeds in a 12/12 light cycle and keep them there to the finish.

This will solve your stretch problems and still fill the cupboard with with lovely hazy goodness in the same sort of time you would spend vegging and then flowering an indica dominant strain.

This is really interesting, Louise. I've read a few posts on other forums about people going 12/12 for the entire life cycle of their plants (ie. right from germination). Seems like people get some great results, particularly with small indoor grows. It appears as if the plant just flowers when it is good and ready. Maybe you're right - this might be a particularly useful technique for using with indoor sativas to restrain their size.

Back to your original question... you know I think you are looking at sativas the wrong way. That cerebral trippy high comes at a cost... longer flowering time, less manageable plants for indoors and a lower gram/watt than you will get with an indica dom under your lights.

Now rather than scouring catalogues looking for a sativa that behaves like an indica, how about buy a real sativa... my money would be going on Silver Haze#9... germinate the seeds in a 12/12 light cycle and keep them there to the finish.

Thinking further about that... a 5 pack of Silver Haze#9 (#9 is the fem version) and it will only cost you around the same price as a 10 pack of Jamaican Pearl which is a regular strain.

Dollar for dollar, I'd go with SH#9... slightly smaller yield than Jamaican Pearl but a real set up as far as the product is concerned.

I'm not against the idea of pure sativas, I would love to grow Barney's, Ace Seeds have a few nice landrace varieties too. But anyway you look at it these are not good indoor strains. Starting a pure sativa in 12/12 is an idea, but even then with some landrace strains I'd still be looking at a 15 to 18 week harvest.

This is really interesting, Louise. I've read a few posts on other forums about people going 12/12 for the entire life cycle of their plants (ie. right from germination). Seems like people get some great results, particularly with small indoor grows. It appears as if the plant just flowers when it is good and ready. Maybe you're right - this might be a particularly useful technique for using with indoor sativas to restrain their size.

Keeping em in a small pot is probably the easiest way of making sure they don't exceed a certain size.

• Upvote 1

I'm not against the idea of pure sativas, I would love to grow Barney's, Ace Seeds have a few nice landrace varieties too. But anyway you look at it these are not good indoor strains. Starting a pure sativa in 12/12 is an idea, but even then with some landrace strains I'd still be looking at a 15 to 18 week harvest.

I'm starting to think you are more interested in finding fault with suggestions rather than actually getting ideas, so I'll leave it there. As I said earlier I'm not interested in simply arguing the toss with you.

• Upvote 1

I haven't rejected any of your suggestions Louise, I'm not sure what the problem is. This thread is just about getting input from growers on what sativa have worked out well for them and/or which strains they recommend for indoors, we all know the variety is so huge and as such there's no one answer here.

• Upvote 1

Currently enjoying growing ACDC (Black Widow x Haze).

If you have the patience there's no reason you can't grow a long flowering sativa indoors. Generally I would train a sativa indoors but I wanted to see how they would grow untrained first.

60 days 12/12

gallery_15017_1270_1085957.jpg

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 5