Was it good shit or was it that nasty compressed Mexican brick weed?

It was not great. Couldn't say if it was 'brick weed' or not, but it was very densely compressed. Maybe so.

Yes, I worry about mold a great deal for my little cupboard grow. I try to keep humidity down to around 50% where possible to minimise potential growth.

Was it good shit or was it that nasty compressed Mexican brick weed?

Well, it's obviously not compressed or bricked weed... the big give away is the buds... they look like buds that have been air dried and manicured to some extent. Not at all like buds that have been compressed or bricked as part of the drying process... that stuff looks more like...

Eg. Mexi it's not, but an untrimmed sativa dried and cured using an old compression method, it is...

post-20731-0-42593600-1395892979_thumb.jpg

Sorry misunderstood your comment... senior moment.

Edited by louise
  • Upvote 1

the fact is sensi have gone stale, if they want to revitalise there business they need to get some grows happening on the forums, if there JH is still as good as it used to be all they need to do is dish out some seeds to some respected growers and get good reports going again.

So far off the mark I have to indulge the urge to comment...

As far as online content goes, forums are a big time investment for very small audiences. You might not realise it but very few people who grow weed and purchase cannabis seeds, actually use weed forums. And most forum participants are members of multiple forums. This can set up an echo chamber effect with the same ideas and beliefs being passed from one place to another based on little more than ... I've heard it in lots of places... therefor it must be valid.

Most of the time this sort of 'forum wisdom' has about the same legitimacy as writing on a toilet wall that says ... so and so sucks ... so and so rules.

As it is, the growth in social media platforms like twitter and facebook have proved themselves to be very effective ways of reaching a tens of thousands of interested people daily. If you are interested in knowing what is happening at Sensi, or want to see the results of current grows, I suggest you get out of weed forums for a moment and have a look at the facebook and twitter pages that are maintained in the company's name.

instead they just buy up all the dutch breeders like flying dutchman and others and virtually kill them off. imagine all the great genetics they have access to yet they dont even try to produce anything new, they simply arent passionate about the plant any longer as far as i can tell

This comment demonstrates a total lack of understand of the nature of the Dutch cannabis seed industry. White Label Seeds and The Flying Dutchmen are hardly "all the Dutch breeders" and the only seed companies other than Sensi in the group.

Further, TDF is the same company it was before it went up for sale and it still maintains it's unique heirloom breeding program and still produces the same strains sold under the TDF name. You see, Dutch commercial law actually prevents one company from just swallowing up other companies and absorbing their genetics by capping the number of plants allowed to be kept.

TDF has hardly been "killed off", in fact it has been preserved.

And as for "passion for the plant"... have you ever had a look at HempFlax? That's one hell of an investment for people without commitment or a passion for cannabis lol

Or, are you aware of the releases of the last say 6 to 7 years from Sensi and White Label? Considering your comments... probably not... but there have been 14 fem strains released by Sensi and 18 released by White Label, as well as more recently 4 new autos by Sensi and 5 by White Label.

Granted there hasn't been a completely new strain released since the 2006 release of Ed Rosenthal Super Bud and that was delayed by a couple of years due to changes in law that restricted the number of plants that can be grown for R&D purposes. Between then and now the breeders have concentrated on meeting the consumer demand for feminised and auto flowering plants.

There are a couple of completely new strains being developed for the medicinal market... but there isn't much info about it in the public domain atm, so I don't know what the anticipated release dates are or anything about the strains apart from one will have a much higher proportion of CBD than anything currently on the market.

As I said earlier, maybe it is time you stepped outside the cloistered environment of English speaking weed forums and go explore the internet... there is a lot happening in the rest of the world.

• Upvote 4

So far off the mark I have to indulge the urge to comment...

As far as online content goes, forums are a big time investment for very small audiences. You might not realise it but very few people who grow weed and purchase cannabis seeds, actually use weed forums. And most forum participants are members of multiple forums. This can set up an echo chamber effect with the same ideas and beliefs being passed from one place to another based on little more than ... I've heard it in lots of places... therefor it must be valid.

Most of the time this sort of 'forum wisdom' has about the same legitimacy as writing on a toilet wall that says ... so and so sucks ... so and so rules.

As it is, the growth in social media platforms like twitter and facebook have proved themselves to be very effective ways of reaching a tens of thousands of interested people daily. If you are interested in knowing what is happening at Sensi, or want to see the results of current grows, I suggest you get out of weed forums for a moment and have a look at the facebook and twitter pages that are maintained in the company's name.

This comment demonstrates a total lack of understand of the nature of the Dutch cannabis seed industry. White Label Seeds and The Flying Dutchmen are hardly "all the Dutch breeders" and the only seed companies other than Sensi in the group.

Further, TDF is the same company it was before it went up for sale and it still maintains it's unique heirloom breeding program and still produces the same strains sold under the TDF name. You see, Dutch commercial law actually prevents one company from just swallowing up other companies and absorbing their genetics by capping the number of plants allowed to be kept.

TDF has hardly been "killed off", in fact it has been preserved.

And as for "passion for the plant"... have you ever had a look at HempFlax? That's one hell of an investment for people without commitment or a passion for cannabis lol

Or, are you aware of the releases of the last say 6 to 7 years from Sensi and White Label? Considering your comments... probably not... but there have been 14 fem strains released by Sensi and 18 released by White Label, as well as more recently 4 new autos by Sensi and 5 by White Label.

Granted there hasn't been a completely new strain released since the 2006 release of Ed Rosenthal Super Bud and that was delayed by a couple of years due to changes in law that restricted the number of plants that can be grown for R&D purposes. Between then and now the breeders have concentrated on meeting the consumer demand for feminised and auto flowering plants.

There are a couple of completely new strains being developed for the medicinal market... but there isn't much info about it in the public domain atm, so I don't know what the anticipated release dates are or anything about the strains apart from one will have a much higher proportion of CBD than anything currently on the market.

As I said earlier, maybe it is time you stepped outside the cloistered environment of English speaking weed forums and go explore the internet... there is a lot happening in the rest of the world.

well consider me put in my place, i will officially STFU lol. seriously though im willing to listen to reason and im watching both yours and franks grows and i will also try and keep an eye out for other sensi seeds grows. i would be happy to see that sensi still have the goods.

• Upvote 1

You don't need to be logged into a twitter or facebook account to check out the images posted on the Sensi accounts... it's all public and there are some very nice looking buds :good:

Sensiseeds and her sister companies are all alive and well... it's just the forum that is dying a slow death...

Edited by louise

Doesn't surprise me at all... I've seen quite a few Ozstoners at Sensi's forum over the years.

The forum is really a relic of an earlier period in the company's history. Back when the only things online were the forum and the shop, it was an active and vibrant online community... sadly those days are gone and the Connoisseurs Club is closed. Most of the online content is directed to areas that actually make a difference to the company's bottom line.

I'm not knocking forums in general, or companies that happen to use them for communicating with a customer base. It's still a useful way of communicating with potential customers, especially for new or small companies looking to garner a following and increase their market share of seed sales.

That said, for a large, well established company it doesn't make economic sense to pursue such a small audience.