phillips 315w LEC with D-Papillon reflector

thanks to everyone for watching along, this isnt over i will be back with the 942 lamp through flower to see which i like better but it wont be for about 2 months as im about to head over to newzealand for some snowboarding.

Gram per watt math makes me laugh... grats on the 450 odd grams. :)

why did i get it wrong? i can be an idiot at times lol but seriously gram per watt is an important figure when talking about how efficient your garden is, higher gram per watt means lower power bills or more lamps for the same bill

Hey forget, grays on the harvest, I'm looking at building a new room not any time soon, but, will probably be incorporating 2 x these babies in a wide space. By that they will probably come down in price too

yeah i have been contemplating a 1m x 2m x 2m tent with 3 of these puppies, thats 2square meters of ganja under 1000w of power and i know you could pull some numbers with that set up.

hey forgotiwashere 1.3g per watt is smashing it in my eyes that light must pack a decent punch thats for sure. and you say there isnt much heat produced of the light either wich is a bonus if you where growing in summer or hot climate. :applause:

yeah the lamp is just as hot as any other similar wattage lamp probably but the dpap reflector really does work as advertised

15oz... not too shabby at all fiwh... well done mate ;)
How was the density over your 400w cmh?
It had enough punch to do good on the numbers. .. how do you feel about the performance overall. .. what is your conclusion pro/cons ;)
Peace

density is as normal, the only real difference i noticed is that my buds are normally a little stinkier than this run, normally you can smell a gram on me through 2 bags with most of my gear but this stuff didnt quite get the stink factor up. whether it was because i dried on a drying rack instead of hanging whole plants though could be the difference.

over all i loved the performance of this lamp whats not to like? the only gripe i could see anyone having is that the reflector really does throw a wide footprint and isnt really suited for very small spaces despite its low wattage

Edited by forgetiwashere
  • Upvote 1

the pics were actually quite regular but there was so much other discussion they kind of got lost in the wash.

as for feeding what would you like to know?

coco handwatered as needed

H&G coco A&B 2ml per litre dropped back to 1ml per litre during second half of flowering

seamungus liquid kelp 1ml per litre

gogojuice 1ml per litre

floralicious plus .25ml per litre

that was the feed regime from start to finish.

Thanks for posting all this mate and following through with it. Much apriciated ;)

At face value it looks as though the efficiency of this globe is fantastic 15zip from 315w feck me lol. To me g/pw is of  highest priority as using power to grow plants feels already like such a waste of resources. Any measurable gains here are cream on ya cuppacino. Be good to see what the unit is actually pulling in terms of watts.To be sure to be sure...

Regarding the quality of bud produced compared to hps i still regard the debate as moot. Its kinda like comparing outdoor weed grown in the tropics/cooler reigions/times of rain or drought / coudy / sunny / direct indirect light etc. etc. My personal opinion is that organic grown in soil under any light will trump the lot in terms of flavour and effect.

This thread's making for some good conversation over in chat.

Cheers

Edited by T.WilyRR.

the pics were actually quite regular but there was so much other discussion they kind of got lost in the wash.

as for feeding what would you like to know?

coco handwatered as needed

H&G coco A&B 2ml per litre dropped back to 1ml per litre during second half of flowering

seamungus liquid kelp 1ml per litre

gogojuice 1ml per litre

floralicious plus .25ml per litre

that was the feed regime from start to finish.

far out fiwh, over a g a watt!  I'm probably .4 lol  i'm much the same as Frank in that when I canbuild up a new space i will but its gonna be awhile and then re-think the lighting and vent...these lights certainly have my interest.  I may have missed it but have been looking around the online shops etcc and thy 600 is like way cheaper?  did I miss why or is it different technology to the 600w?  when I change up there's a chance I could afford a 600 but no way 2 315's. 

thanks for a very informative thread-the results speak eh :thumbsup:

Peace and great growing

faith :sun:   **edit** I failed to mention that its great seeing stellar results with a fair whack of off the shelf garden nutes...spesh Neutrog, we use it all over, in pots and  outside :thumbsup:

Edited by Faith

far out fiwh, over a g a watt!  I'm probably .4 lol  i'm much the same as Frank in that when I canbuild up a new space i will but its gonna be awhile and then re-think the lighting and vent...these lights certainly have my interest.  I may have missed it but have been looking around the online shops etcc and thy 600 is like way cheaper?  did I miss why or is it different technology to the 600w?  when I change up there's a chance I could afford a 600 but no way 2 315's. 

thanks for a very informative thread-the results speak eh :thumbsup:

Peace and great growing

faith :sun:   **edit** I failed to mention that its great seeing stellar results with a fair whack of off the shelf garden nutes...spesh Neutrog, we use it all over, in pots and  outside :thumbsup:

yeah a 600w is going to be far and away the cheaper option at this stage, and there is nothing wrong with them. the 315w is new tech, it is expensive but will do what the 600w will do but with half the electricity. it will eventually pay for itself.

all plants are now trimmed and the final weight fell a few grams short of 15oz, im calling it 15oz anyway cause i threw out tons of buds as popcorn that you would probably get in a bag if you bought commercial shit but just didnt make the cut for my jars.

im pretty happy at 1.3grams per watt with a fairly moderate yielding strain if i was growing something heavy i would have blitzed the lb mark

Great result and great thread. It's always good to see ppl trying new techniques or equipment and generating hearty discussion.

Look forward to the next grow.

Naycha :peace:

You've made my mind up for me it's time to step outside the square and try ! Thanks again for the diary

I just keep reading over and over this thread to try and digest it all , I am sold on the idea . Bring on tax return I say !

Anyone wanna buy some old hps gear !!!!! Ahehehe

Edited by D.R.S.D
  • Upvote 1

Hi Forgetiwashere,

Bit hard to Forget you  were here Forgetiwashere with a top post you have done. 

You  have got my motor running on these new Phillips D-Papillon reflectors an the new phillips globe.

Top shit buddy an well done on the grow good luck with your next grow.

I am  always into new tec gear for growing the good herb hell knows how much money I have spent over the year,s on most of the new hydro light's an different an new nutrients that come out lol, I just  cant help myself over 40 yrs of growing cannabis an new tec gear gets my motor running all the time.

All the best,

Regard's Dingo-2008.